Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:08:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...  (Read 3902 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: July 25, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »

Ok, I'm actually here and I watched Trump last night. Most people liked it, the only non-popular parts were the political parts but his supporters cheered.I will
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE
Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »

Trump invited three cabinet members who are eagle scouts to the event, but Tillerson and Sessions, who are also eagle scouts, were not invited.

Looks like time is running out for Jeff and Rexy.
Tillerson came on Thursday when they had a building unveiled for him as the former BSA President.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »

* His election win
* "Fake news"
* Yachts
* Cocktail Parties
* President Obama

To Boy Scouts

Not to mention he had them boo both Clinton and Obama.

Reminds me of Hitler youth.

get a grip on reality. disgusting and false comparison.

I think you ask a lot of some folks, lol.

Boy Scouts are, by and large, one of the last Main Street Republican type boys organizations that maintain a high profile.  They're conservative in a real Gerald Ford way.  I must say, as a former Senior Patrol Leader and member of the Order of the Arrow, that I cringed more than a bit listening to Trump speak to Scouts today.  It wasn't about America or Boys; it was about HIM.  I expect politicians to be somewhat narcissistic, and I know that lots of pols aren't beyond milking drama, but I've come to believe that Trump just can't bring himself to be the "civic" Donald Trump when America needs him to be.
Fuzzy, I'm not going to try to fight with you my friend but you are mostly wrong. National is a Main Street type but around 70% of the Scouts probably are rabid Trump supporters. I've seen over 400 Trump hats in the past week here.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:15 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE
Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.

How dare Barack Obama be the president for people other than rich, privileged white men and boys. Won't someone think of the poor, defenseless, put-upon white suburbanites who can afford to travel across country to attend a national jamboree? Won't they ever be spoken for?
Dude you literally know nothing about what your talking about.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »

Fuzzy, I'm not going to try to fight with you my friend but you are mostly wrong. National is a Main Street type but around 70% of the Scouts probably are rabid Trump supporters. I've seen over 400 Trump hats in the past week here.

Yeah, but that is at least influenced by the fact that it's being held in West Virginia. I realize it's a national convention, but most Scout troops aren't that rich, so locals are going to be disproportionately represented.

My Scout troop never even considered going to a national jamboree, but if it had been held in Mississippi we absolutely would have, along with almost every Mississippi troop.
Dude you have no idea how this works. Every council, there's around 500 of them in the nation sends a contingent. Those contingents are made up of anywhere from 1 to 10 troops. They aren't your local troop that meets on your church they are a collection of Boys who decide to go to Jambo. My council sent 3 troops around 120 people. So no there's not a lot of West Virginians in fact, I haven't met one and when he called out West Virginia at the rally yesterday there were 2 troops that cheered.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies