Democratic Senate Gains in 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:36:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Democratic Senate Gains in 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Senate Gains in 2010  (Read 6826 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: April 01, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure the GOP will run roughshod over those 25 Democrats just like they did during the epitome of their power during W's presidency.

Seriously, the potholes in the Democratic path to a "super majority" are starting to crack open and unless some serious roadwork gets done over the next year and a half they're going to be in a world of hurt.  The recent blowups over AIG bonuses and the negative public attitude towards bailouts have made Dodd a liability in CT.  Obama has indirectly dug the potholes even deeper by clearing out half the Senate creating headaches where there shouldn't be any.  Burris is a disaster, Gillibrand is weighed down by Patterson, Bennet is a completely untested candidate, and I'm not sure I'd want to rely on the incumbent VP's son during a midterm election.

I'm not saying the Republicans are in a position of strength here, far from it.  Democrats certainly have some opportunities they could take advantage of in PA, FL, OH, NC. KY, NH, and MO.  However, if they don't get their own crap sorted out soon they could be sorely disappointed come November 2010.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies