Murkowski: GOP should focus on Economy and Jobs, not Health Care Repeal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Murkowski: GOP should focus on Economy and Jobs, not Health Care Repeal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Murkowski: GOP should focus on Economy and Jobs, not Health Care Repeal  (Read 1869 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: January 21, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »

It's not as if they'll listen to her, but at least she said it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:00:19 PM »

Simple facts
1. There will still be a large number of uninsured people with this bill.
2. This bill does nothing to really controll costs, just pays lip service to it, which even if your intentions are just to insure the uninsured you have to address this regardless, and it wasn't practically at all.
3. There is nothing that could be done for the economy, that can't be done because of the focus on repeal. Even one of your precious worthless stimulus bills could just as easily be passed if there was the need or even the faint belief that it would be worth making our finances that much worse. If our congress people are that freakin lazy and stupid that they can only "focus on one thing at a time" then we need to replace every damn last incumbent. But you see, it is a talking point. Congress can easily address more than one thing at a time. Its whether the media and the power players want them too. I would think you would agree with me here. After all, Obama was hurt by this ridiculous nonsense too.   

The basic points of the bill change many things. Pre-existing conditions are gone and you can't be drop from coverage if you get sick, those are important improvements.

Multi-tasking isn't the issue. The Republicans wasted hours of debate and votes on something that will fail, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »

Both of which will be in the Republican replacement bill. I won't get into all the practical promises those areas of bipartisan agreement cause in reality.

And how many damn hours are waisted anyway in every congress? Atleast in my opinion its on something productive.

A replacement bill doesn't exist. If it does, why haven't we heard anything about? Facts not fiction, please.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies