Lieberman to speak at Republican Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Lieberman to speak at Republican Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman to speak at Republican Convention  (Read 2428 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: August 20, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »

Hell, Lieberman is more coma-inducing than McCain and that is saying something

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »

The Democrats who defended and supported Joe Lieberman in 2006 owe the rest of us Democrats an apology.

I feel intensely betrayed by Lieberman - but don't for one minute expect me to apologise for endorsing Lieberman over Ned 'the one trick' Donkey

I'm supporting Obama, primarily, for two reasons:

1. Obama is someone I perceive as being pretty much a left-leaning Christian Democrat - he's not a Catholic, but the social gospel is seemingly something that has informed him; indeed, capitalism with a conscience appears to be his model - when it comes to the economy and quality of life issues. I'm not sure what McCain is, nowadays, but I suspect deep-down he's just another libertarian-leaning conservative elitist, which bodes for indifference. We saw that with Phil Gramm; while Lindsey Graham said that McCain would, absolutely, be an enhancement on Bush's policies

2. And as a citizen of the world I'm looking to America for leadership and Obama is my choice to restore American prestige abroad and reassert her moral authority. What I witnessed in Berlin (albeit via a TV screen) with American flags being waved most enthusiastically is testament to that. And when he says the world is looking to America for leadership, I agree with him

I know in the UK support for Obama, among Britons transcends the ideo-political divide. In fact, when I'm loafing around my mate's tobacconist shop, whenever an American enters we lobby for Obama - and Jim, unlike me, is a staunch Thatcherite

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies