Statewide elections where Dems won the most counties but Republicans still win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Statewide elections where Dems won the most counties but Republicans still win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statewide elections where Dems won the most counties but Republicans still win  (Read 3787 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: March 18, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

Even Obama came fairly close to doing so in SC - I'm sure there must be more elections in that state where it was true.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »

As far as I can tell, last time it happenned in a Presidential race was 1996 in SC

As I said upthread, the last time actually was quite recently- Alaska 2012.  Of course, "counties" is a bit of a misnomer in Alaska, but Obama won the majority of county-equivalents- boroughs and unincorporated census areas.

Although not if you just count the actual counties boroughs and ignore the Census Bureau's statistical divisions of the Unincorporated Borough.

Also, whoever made that wiki map seems to have used my data and translated them to media color scheme. Goodgood. Very good. Also seems to be making other election maps on wikipedia. Anybody here know who "inqvisitor" is?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:42:21 AM »

Inqvisito'rs series of presidential election maps are my current desktop background.
Huh... mine's a screenshot of a 13-year old Natalie Portman crying and holding a gun to her head in Léon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies