The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:23:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: The Office of Senator LumineVonReuental (A Farewell to the Senate)  (Read 16092 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2014, 01:08:49 AM »

A very gracious end to a very formidable campaign. I hope this isn't the last of you in Atlasia. 
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2014, 01:34:23 AM »

I'm so sorry Lumine. Purple heart
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:35 AM »

I thought that it was a tie! :/
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2014, 05:24:17 AM »

Congratulation to your campaign and to your fair play, I have underestimated your candidacy Tongue.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:09 AM »

Congrats, Lumine!  Not just on running a great race, but on proving yourself to be a person of integrity Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »

As I said via PM, I respect the commitments you have made to rebuilding our Region and making this race an interesting one. Good luck in all your future endeavors, Governor. If you ever need anything, feel free to get in contact with me. My door is always open.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »

A very gracious end to a very formidable campaign. I hope this isn't the last of you in Atlasia. 

Thank you, I certainly plan on staying here for a very long time!

It was a tie, but I do not wish to fight a runoff for the reasons mentioned in the speech. As much as it pains me, a runoff would be unfair, xD

Thanks, Flo! I'm sure my next run will prove more sucessful!

Congratulation to your campaign and to your fair play, I have underestimated your candidacy Tongue.

Congrats, Lumine!  Not just on running a great race, but on proving yourself to be a person of integrity Smiley

Thank you, Senator, and thank you, Mr. Archduke. It wasn't easy to make the choice, but I would personally hate to see a 2000 style fight.

As I said via PM, I respect the commitments you have made to rebuilding our Region and making this race an interesting one. Good luck in all your future endeavors, Governor. If you ever need anything, feel free to get in contact with me. My door is always open.

Thank you very much, Senator, I wish you the best of luck as well.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

I'm sorry I had to leave the party, Lumine.  I promise it was nothing against you.  You ran a really great campaign and you were just a couple votes short.  Please stay involved. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »

You tied him. I suggest you contest a runoff. Or at least run in this weeks at-large special to replace tmth.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »

Governor it was my pleasure to vote for you. You ran a campaign based on issues and integrity. I wish you all the best.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:50 PM »

I'm sorry I had to leave the party, Lumine.  I promise it was nothing against you.  You ran a really great campaign and you were just a couple votes short.  Please stay involved. Smiley

It's okay, Scott, I perfectly understand that. But trust me, I'll stay more than involved!

Governor it was my pleasure to vote for you. You ran a campaign based on issues and integrity. I wish you all the best.

Thank you, Rooney!

You tied him. I suggest you contest a runoff. Or at least run in this weeks at-large special to replace tmth.

Well, not really, Velasco's rash action caused the tie, which makes a runoff unfair to me. (I sent you a PM, by the way)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »

Thanks for your campaign, Lumine!
A great man that still will give its important contribute for Atlasia.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »

Thanks for your campaign, Lumine!
A great man that still will give its important contribute for Atlasia.

Thank you for helping me so much, Cris! And don't worry, my contributions to the game will resume right now, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2014, 06:42:22 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2014, 06:45:54 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

Another run for Senate!

February 25th, 2013:
Two days after the end of the Midwest race, Governor Lumine has chosen to resume his fight for a Senate seat. However, he has chosen the open At-Large seat instead, and he announced his second attempt for the Senate with a short and simple speech.

"Well, what can I say? It seems I will have to swallow my words (but not my pride). I thought long and hard about my last speech, about what was the right message to deliver, about the best attitude to have in the face of a self-admitted (and fair) defeat. I had a lot to think about and I was burnt out, so I considered taking quite a long time of meditation to think about the future and what should be my next move for Atlasia. Many of you know the old saying that goes: When one door closes, another opens. Yet, there's actually more to it. The full saying is: When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. So yes, Atlasia, I am going to do what has become obvious by now, swallow my words and take a chance to make this game more fun and more active for me. I will run for Tmthforu’s seat as an At-Large Senator. I will fight this second race all the way to Friday, where I will face another daunting task against very powerful foes.

It wasn’t necessarily an easy choice, not after a defeat, but I was asked by several people to run, some of them people whom I don’t even speak often in Atlasia, and that has greatly influenced my choice, convincing me that this run is not an ambitious power grab, but a truly legitimate campaign to be a Senator.   I know what some of you may find weird that I’m running for a seat after conceding another, but I already explained my reasons for conceding that race. Some of you may also think that I am acting as a spoiler to fellow centrists like Cincinnatus and Poirot, but I think all candidates have a legitimate right to run and a legitimate chance to win, and this race will be defined by all preferences, not a simple first round. I think I have what it takes to win this race across the whole nation, and I want to call not just my friends, not just my supporters, but all Atlasians to join me in this fight.

I will of course keep my platform with a few adjustments to consider the lack of a particular constituency (like the Midwest), but my main goals remain there: A consistent and ambitious environmental policy, more international focus on Latin America and Asia, more efficiency in government and the need for reform in areas like Social Security. Losing is always a possibility, yes, but I don’t think defeats are that crushing in Atlasia, nor I think that losing makes you a Harold Stassen. Defeats also serve a purpose, as I learned in the Mideast Assembly and the past race, and I don’t see a good reason for stopping. Former Vice-President Griffin spoke of this race as the most important one since July of last year, and I’m happy to be involved in such an historic occasion.

To another round I go, Lumine goes to Nyman (again)!"

LumineVonReuental, Candidate for At Large Senate.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

Endorsed!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:21 PM »

Totally endorsed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2014, 07:42:52 PM »

I'm glad you're taking a stab at it. In light of recent events, I'm very happy to give you my endorsement. Smiley Good luck!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:20 PM »

Definitely endorsed...

LIMUNE FOR SENATE AGAIN!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »

I'm glad you're taking a stab at it. In light of recent events, I'm very happy to give you my endorsement. Smiley Good luck!

Definitely endorsed...

LIMUNE FOR SENATE AGAIN!

Thank you very much, to Nyman I go!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

Endorsed, old friend Purple heart
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »

Endorsed. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:04 AM »

Endorsed, obviously
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Endorsed!!!!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »

Totally, Completely,and Irrevocably Endorsed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »

Totally, Completely,and Irrevocably Endorsed.

Well, I had the chance of working with each one of you in different contexts (Butafly, Flo and Scott in the Progressive Union, Cris in the Midwest race and the Midwest Althing and I was Spamage's running mate), and all I can say is that I'm glad to have your support!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies