Romney was in PA to go for blowout not backup plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:06:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney was in PA to go for blowout not backup plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney was in PA to go for blowout not backup plan  (Read 4445 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 09, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »

I thought that maybe the internals were showing a closing, because Obama started radio advertizing first.  Without that, I'd completely ignore PA. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »

I thought that maybe the internals were showing a closing, because Obama started radio advertizing first.  Without that, I'd completely ignore PA. 

You said that PA was very close and that, while you predicted Obama would win, you woudn't be surprised at all if Romney carried the state.

I would not have been shocked if Romney had won, based on both campaigns (and some of the turnout).  I honestly thought that both internals were showing it close. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:06:06 AM »

You said that PA was very close and that, while you predicted Obama would win, you woudn't be surprised at all if Romney carried the state.

He said something along the same lines in 2008 when McCain decamped there and also pushed the same narrative in 2004. It's usually all to do with the turnout in Philly which he get's wrong each time.

I couldn't, and frankly still can't, figure out the emphasis on PA, in either election.

Going into Pittsburgh, because of the bleed over into OH, I can understand. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies