SB 22-24: Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:38:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 22-24: Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 22-24: Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act (Passed)  (Read 1263 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: March 06, 2020, 01:31:56 PM »

I agree with Yankee's point which is pretty similar to what I already stated in the House thread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=353617.msg7121266#msg7121266

I am surprised that my other point didn't get much of a reaction though lol. Seriously, what's with the Blairite Labor Party's long-standing obsession with abortion for non-whites?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 02:19:49 PM »

Why do you both think the Mexico city policy should be decided by the president? If anything this would bring more stability to our laws, instead of having 180 degree turns once another president comes in.
Because this is a game and that seems like a simple and fun pet issue for the president to have reign on.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »

Global Advocacy and Voice Protection Act

To prohibit the restrictive eligibility requirements to foreign nongovernmental organisations (NGOs) with respect to the provision of assistance under part I of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961.

Part 1.

I.) No Restriction shall be placed on the aid from the Government of Atlasia to NGOs on the sole basis of health and medical services including counseling and referral services, provided by such organisations, provided that such services do not violate the laws of the country where these NGOs are based.

II.) No restriction shall be placed on the the aid from the Government of Atlasia to NGOs on the sole basis of their for advocacy and lobbying activities surrounding medical, and health care in relation to reproductive care.

Part 2.

I.) This act shall prohibit any President from unilaterally cancelling, suspending or restricting aid on the sole basis of speech and advocacy of health and medical services provided by any NGO.

House of Representatives
Passed the House of Representatives 4-3-0-2

Here is an amendment that aims to remove the gag order aspect of the Mexico City policy. I think this can be a good compromise.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 11:57:01 PM »

Aye
LouisvilleThunder