France vs. Russia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:17:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  France vs. Russia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which country do you view more favorably?
France (D)

France (R)

France (I/O)

Russia (D)

Russia (R)

Russia (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: France vs. Russia  (Read 4505 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: December 07, 2016, 01:08:24 AM »

I definitely view Russian culture and literature much more favorably than the French, though perhaps this comes from my ability to appreciate the former in the original and not the latter (and the fact that I am the descendant of generations who lived in Russia or the greater Russophonie). Certainly, France's modern political system is better than Russia's, but that's not all there is to a country.

Voted Russia (R )
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »

Easiest question ever. Russia is the single most evil and destructive country in the world. It's a vile cancer that has only infected the world and brought nothing but death and devestation in pretty much its entire history.
Get a grip.
a bit of a hyperbole maybe, but he's basically right isn't he?  I wouldn't have said "only", I'm sure they did a good thing or two somewhere on accident because of the broken clocks law.

(I have hard biases against Russia, perhaps too hard...but the whole hating gays and the land grabs make it really easy to keep those biases alive)

There is WWII, but that's about it. Russia has been an abomination every other point in history. Weird that CONSERVATIVES are denying that

You could probably make a defensible case that Russia's government has always or almost always been evil, but think about Russia's contributions to humanity in other fields -- literature, the sciences, music, philosophy, landscape. Russia is not wholly its government, BRTD.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »

Also, I'd like to note that any answer to "greatest city in the world" other than New York City is the wrong answer. (And the only other answer that is defensible is London). Paris is just a dirtier, older, French-speaking version of NYC, and while Jerusalem is very cool from a touristy/archaeological/religious perspective, it's nowhere near large/diverse/relevant to the modern economy enough to even count as a serious answer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies