Gingrich: Trump attacking Cruz's wife "utterly stupid"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gingrich: Trump attacking Cruz's wife "utterly stupid"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump attacking Cruz's wife "utterly stupid"  (Read 436 times)
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:29 PM »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gingrich-blasts-trump-for-attacking-cruzs-wife/article/2587056?custom_click=rss

[quote]"For Trump to get sucked into this at a personal level, tweeting about or repeating a tweet, technically, about Mrs. Cruz is just utterly stupid," the 2012 presidential candidate told Fox News' Sean Hannity.

"And it has frankly weakened everything that Trump ought to be strengthening," Gingrich said, noting that such attacks have "sent a signal to women that is negative at a time when [Trump's] numbers with the women are already bad.

"It sent a signal of instability to people who are beginning to say, 'OK, maybe I've gotta get used to it, maybe I've gotta rely on him, maybe he could be presidential,' and frankly, it energized Cruz," he added.]
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »

Yep. I think everyone is underestimating the political stupidity of Donald Trump that was revealed here. After rattling off a streak of big wins, he should be focusing his attacks on Hillary and Bernie, and laughing off Cruz attacks as desperate. Instead, it looks like Cruz pulled off what Rubio attempted with his juvenile jokes: baiting Trump into overreacting and hurting himself.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »

Yep. I think everyone is underestimating the political stupidity of Donald Trump that was revealed here. After rattling off a streak of big wins, he should be focusing his attacks on Hillary and Bernie, and laughing off Cruz attacks as desperate. Instead, it looks like Cruz pulled off what Rubio attempted with his juvenile jokes: baiting Trump into overreacting and hurting himself.

For the record, Cruz wasn't involved in the attack on Melania.  It was all Liz Mair.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »

For the record, Cruz wasn't involved in the attack on Melania.  It was all Liz Mair.

Why did Cruz not disavow Liz Mair? I have no choice but to assume that he fully supports her shameful actions. Sad!
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:44 AM »

For the record, Cruz wasn't involved in the attack on Melania.  It was all Liz Mair.

Why did Cruz not disavow Liz Mair? I have no choice but to assume that he fully supports her shameful actions. Sad!

Agreed. But like Gingrich said, Trump could have done himself a lot of good by simply staying above the fray and not getting into it with Cruz. He could simply have said "yes, Melania was a professional model, and the photos in question were from a GQ shoot; can we move on to addressing real issues?" In so doing, he could have appeared stately and in control, but by responding in the way he did, he looks anything but presidential.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »

It's utterly stupid and juvenile.

I think Trump is still thinking he is on the downhill slope.

It will be interesting to see his persona change once the results turn against him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies