NJ-11 2018: Can Rodney Frelinghuysen be defeated in 2018? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:07:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-11 2018: Can Rodney Frelinghuysen be defeated in 2018? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-11 2018: Can Rodney Frelinghuysen be defeated in 2018?  (Read 2608 times)
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »

This is my home district, and it's usually very Republican (at least the Morris County portion that anchors it) but as mentioned upthread it just barely stuck by Trump so if things keep going south and 2018 becomes a rout for Democrats I could potentially see this district being one of those almost accidental pickups that get swept up in the wave. Frelinghuysen has been my rep since before I've been alive and has never faced any stiff opposition (Michael Moore tried to run a ficus tree against him once), so I could see him getting complacent and getting caught flatfooted by the national environment, but again he'll have plenty of money at his disposal and this probably depends on Dems finding a decent challenger as well, a la Codey or Assemblyman John Mckeon (or maybe a councilperson from Morristown/Morris Twp or Parsippany?)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies