Where are the Obama ads in Ohio? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:03:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Where are the Obama ads in Ohio? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where are the Obama ads in Ohio?  (Read 1239 times)
Wonkish1

« on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

The word is that Romney has traditionally been buying more expensive prime time advertising and Obama has been buying more advertising in niche programming(which gives him less viewers per advertisement, but more quantity).

The notion that Romney is even above parity with Obama in total ads today means that he is by definition getting to more people(his prime time ads have more viewers), but this apparently only started happening very recently.

But the real question is does more targeted advertising have a stronger effect on the viewer over being one of the many ads in prime time ads.

I suspect that prime time ads with 80% of the commercials political would have a stronger effect of causing the viewer to more tune out the message. When it comes to niche programming I suspect that people remember more the lone political ad among a sea of Shamwow type commercials.

Trying to be objective I think going where political advertising hasn't bid up the cost and flooded the airwaves is likely a good place to get more bang for your buck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies