Minutes to Midnight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:24:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Minutes to Midnight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Poll
Question: Who Will win the Democratic Primary?
Joe Biden
Cory Booker
Sherrod Brown
Steve Bullock
Julian Castro
Andrew Cuomo
Bill de Blasio
John Delaney
Eric Garcetti
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
John Hickenlooper
Amy Klobuchar
Terry McAuliffe
Martin O'Malley
Deval Patrick
Tim Ryan
Bernie Sanders
Howard Schultz
Elizabeth Warren
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Minutes to Midnight  (Read 24847 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2019, 03:06:08 PM »

K I be voting Kasich now. Sanders I can do, Gabbard, nope.

This ticket is just too dangerous for me. Kasich in states where he can win, Trump in Trump vs Sanders states.

I'd vote for Kasich. I dislike Sanders, but Gabbard is horrendous.

You morons reap the harvest of what you sow.

My position changed since then, Sanders' foreign policy with Tulsi is still suspect, but the shutdown debacle is the last straw with Trump.

With that said, I'd still vote Kasich in Ohio/Utah. And calm down, it's a TL Tongue Also, remember that what I reap is solely foreign policy implications.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »

So, with all those recounts, who's leading in the Electoral Vote count right now?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2019, 10:16:13 PM »

This ticket is just too dangerous for me. Kasich in states where he can win, Trump in Trump vs Sanders states.

but muh 2022
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »

2022 had better be Epic!
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »

Novemeber 18th, 2020
Trump projected winner in New Hampshire and Maine’s Second Congressional District.

Donald Trump has been projected the winner in the States of New Hampshire and Maine’s Second Congressional District after both counts where finalized earlier today. He is the first Republican to win New Hampshire in a Presidential election since George W. Bush in 2000.

November 19th, 2020
Bernie Sanders concedes to President Trump. Calls for unity, but promises resistance.

In a speech given today, Senator Sanders formerly conceded the presidency to Donald Trump. But the Vermont Senator promised not to go down easy. “Although this fight has ended, there is always another fight around the corner. And the struggle for a living wage, for universal healthcare, and for a better tomorrow goes on. The Democratic Party must resist this Administration’s efforts to compromise our values not just as liberals or progressives, but as Americans.” Republicans, including Iowa Congressman Steve King, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, and even the President himself have called Sanders’ rhetoric “divisive at a time where we so desperately need unity.”

November 20th, 2020
Trump projected winner in Pennsylvania after recount.

Trump’s victory in the Granite State has been finalized, carrying the state with 45% of the vote.

November 21st, 2020   
Protests in Atlanta, Baltimore, San Francisco, DC, and more in Response to Trump Victory.

Across 20 major American, hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets, protesting the victory of Donald Trump as President.The protesters are calling on his resignation, and for the electoral college to refuse to certify the President as the victor.

November 21st, 2020   
Trump projected winner in Nevada.

In a first for a Republican nominee since 2004, Donald Trump has won the State of Nevada narrowly against Senator Sanders.

November 22nd, 2020
Michigan finally called for Trump by a margin of 96 votes.

After much uncertainty, Trump has once again one the State of Michigan by a margin of just 96 votes, one of the narrowest wins for any state in any presidential election in history.

Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »

here's hoping these work:

Presidential Results

Senate Results

Gubernatorial Results

Infobox for the Presidency is done and will be posted after the Electoral College meets in Timeline

Here is the Senate Infobox:

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »

County maps please!!!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2019, 02:53:00 PM »

We should be fine, right? The Electoral College could reject the president, and the new Congress should impeach him ASAP if that doesn't happen. If we're lucky he could be out of office before his inauguration lol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »

I live in NY, ha.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2019, 04:39:41 PM »

We should be fine, right? The Electoral College could reject the president, and the new Congress should impeach him ASAP if that doesn't happen. If we're lucky he could be out of office before his inauguration lol

No, he won, move on, get over it.

At least that is what I will be telling everybody if he gets a second term
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »

November 22nd, 2020
Trump Transition: Pomepo to depart State Department, Christie to leave as Chief of Staff, Spencer out at Defense, and Barr to step down as Attorney General.

President Trump has announced a cabinet shake up in response to the 2020 Election, Requesting the Resignation of Defense Secretary Spencer, Chief of Staff Chris Christie, and Attorney General William Barr. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has also resigned of his own volition, with sources saying he departed before he could be fired by the President.

November 26th, 2020
Republicans fear Trump’s cabinet shake up.

A staffer in the office of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has stated that many Senate Republicans are concerned over the Trump Administration’s recent cabinet shake up, fearing that Republican losses in 2020 will make it impossible to get a new cabinet confirmed.

December 2nd, 2020
Democrats re-elect Pelosi as Speaker, Schumer as Majority Leader. Pelosi pledges this will be her last term.

Democrats formally re-elected Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer as their congressional leaders, neither facing serious opposition. Nancy Pelosi however confirmed that this will be her final term, both as a congresswoman and as the Democratic Leader. Chuck Schumer has demurred on whether or not he will seek another term in the 2022 elections, stating that he will make his decision “in the Spring.”

December 13th, 2020
Bloody Sunday: Crisis growing in Ukraine

As the President shakes up his foreign policy team, violence in Ukraine continues to rock the region. Incoming Senator Tom Perriello (D-VA) has stated that any nominee for Secretary of State must answer for the administration’s lack of action and future plan for the region.

December 14th, 2020
Electoral College Finalizes Trump as the winner.

The electoral college formally voted to re-elect Donald Trump and Mike Pence as President and Vice President of the United States, confirming that he will take his second oath of office in 2021.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »

>5.6% PV margin
sh**t. This isn't gonna end well.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »

A country where 42% of the people can make decisions for the rest of us? No thanks. Hopefully Congress removes him ASAP
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2019, 11:58:44 PM »

Looks like Kasich took ~75% of his voters from Trump and ~25% from Sanders, so without Kasich it probably would have been closer...
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2019, 03:38:40 PM »

Delaney would have won
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2019, 08:51:23 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2019, 07:24:53 PM by Edgeofnight »

December 17th, 2020
Kirstjen Nielsen latest Trump secretary to get the boot.

Adding yet another casualty to Trump’s cabinet shake up, Donald Trump has announced that he has requested the resignation of Secretary Nielsen. This makes the 5th Administration official to depart their position since the election.

December 27th, 2020
Orman and Krist to caucus with the Republican party. Sanders departs Democratic Party.

Senators-elect Orman and Krist announced that they will be joining the Republican party caucus, bringing their membership up to 41. Meanwhile, Senator Sanders has officially departed the Democratic party, returning to his prior status as an independent.

January 3rd, 2021
New Congress takes office: Democrats take the levers of power

Democrats have found a new popular mandate taking office, and with a 250 set House Majority, and a 55 seat Senate majority, they more than have the political capital to act on their new popular mandate.

January 5th, 2021
Kris Kobach to take over as Chief of Staff, Martha McSally for Defense Department, Terry Branstad for State Department

Trump has announced new picks for three of his cabinet level vacancies. First, for chief of staff, Campaign Manager Kris Kobach will took over a West Wing in chaos. Second, for Secretary of Defense, Former Senator Martha McSally will become the new chief of the pentagon. Finally, for Secretary of State, Ambassador to China and fmr. Iowa Governor Terry Branstad will take the reigns.

January 5th, 2021
2024 Poll: Gabbard leading Democrats, Pence leading Republicans, neither side sold on “front runners”

In the first 2024 poll published since Trump was declared the victor, Fmr. Congresswoman and 2020 VP nominee Tulsi Gabbard and Vice President Mike Pence lead the pack. But neither candidates are solid frontrunners. Gabbard only pulls 13% of Democrats in the poll, while Vice President Pence pulls 20% of Republicans. The polls do show that both parties are likely heading towards crowded fields in 2020.

January 9th, 2021
Trump nominates Matthew Whitaker for Attorney General, Schumer calls the nomination dead on arrival.

Donald Trump has nominated former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker to serve as replacement for William Barr. Senate Majority Leader has stated that Whitaker’s controversial appointment as Acting Attorney General should disqualify him from such an office.

January 20th, 2021
Trump takes Second Oath of Office: Inauguration hints at a “double down approach”

President Donald Trump was sworn in to his second term today, delivering one of the shortest inaugural addresses at 921 words, the shortest since Gerald Ford’s 850. In his relatively brief address, President Trump hinted at a double down approach, stating that “We’ll keep doing what we’ve been doing. We will unite this country, and continue to return it to its former glory.”

And that is the final update. There will be a brief epilogue, followed by some house keeping things. Before then, here is the 2020 Gubernatorial infobox. It was not published originally because I made a few mistakes with it, but I don't think I'm ever gonna go back and fix them anyway, so I might as well just publish it now.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »

January 20th, 2020
Trump takes Second Oath of Office: Inauguration hints at a “double down approach”

I think you wrote the wrong year. The Inauguration takes place on January 20th, 2021, not 2020 (which is the election year).
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »

I think you wrote the wrong year. The Inauguration takes place on January 20th, 2021, not 2020 (which is the election year).

Fixed, Thank You! Epilogue incoming in the next few days.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2019, 05:59:25 PM »

House Keeping time!

Still not gonna retcon anything. But After 2018, Democrats in this timeline only had 226 House Seats, compared to the 235 they held after the real life 2018 midterms. It is not as simple as taking the closest 9 races in 2018 and flipping them to the Republicans, because I had wins like Ojeda in WV-03 and Williams in MT-AL. To make matters simple, every seat the Democrats hold after the 2018 midterms IRL are also held by them in this timeline. That still leaves 15 additional seats that are in Democratic hands in 2021 that are not in Democratic hands in OTL 2019. Those 15 are, in no particular order:
  • WV-3 (2018),
  • MT-AL (2018),
  • KY-6 (2018),
  • GA-7 (2020),
  • NC-9 (2020),
  • MN-1 (2020),
  • NY-27 (2020),
  • NE-2 (2018),
  • IN-2 (2020),
  • CA-50 (2020),
  • TX-23 (2020),
  • TX-31 (2020),
  • TX-24 (2020),
  • MO-2 (2020),
  • KS-2 (2018),

I am aware that there are seats that were closer than some of the ones that flipped, and I have reasons for most of them flipping. For the Ohio Seats, Cordray’s victory helps push them over the finish line. I am aware this means that Democrats like Kendra Horn hold on in 2020, despite the fact that that would be rather difficult, it still happens.

With that in mind, final list of the current governors,

And here is a final list of current senators

I do intend to do a sequel timeline, which the thread for will be up soon, and will probably start next week. I’m making a separate thread because I think it increases the readability of the timeline. I'll add that to here eventually.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41:57 PM »

I just binge read this today. Nice job on the timeline! I feel this is the perk of being new to the forum, catching up to all the good TL's.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2019, 08:35:37 PM »

A country where 42% of the people can make decisions for the rest of us? No thanks. Hopefully Congress removes him ASAP

I mean in 1860 the 40% Lincoln voters still would have have won even if the rest of the country united against him for a 40 to 60 election.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »

I mean in 1860 the 40% Lincoln voters still would have have won even if the rest of the country united against him for a 40 to 60 election.

Poor whites, black people, and women were not allowed to vote back then. So it was even less than 40% since America could barely be described as a "democracy" in 1860
Boss_Rahm
Rookie

« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »

Poor whites, black people, and women were not allowed to vote back then. So it was even less than 40% since America could barely be described as a "democracy" in 1860

Not to mention that Lincoln wasn't even on the ballot in a number of states.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »

How bad have protests been? That EC vs Popular vote difference is brutal.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2019, 01:15:42 AM »

1:00AM

Blitzer: “Another Expected race, but President Trump will win the State of Alaska. Perhaps surprisingly, the Senate race in the state is too close to call. A hotly contested Senate race may take quite a few days to call, with how the state reports votes.

1:07 AM

Blitzer: “CNN now has another important projection to make. Donald Trump will win the State of Iowa. A tighter margin than he won by before, but President Trump once again takes the Buckeye state.”

1:37AM

Blitzer: “CNN now has another projection to make. President Trump will carry the state of Utah. Hold on, CNN is now getting reports that President Trump will soon address his supporters in New York. We’ll turn to that shortly.”

Is Biden the election night anchor?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies