Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:56:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Boris Johnson

David Davis

Amber Rudd

Philip Hammond

Ruth Davidson

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Damian Green

Priti Patel

Liam Fox (joke option)

Michael Gove (see above)

Other vaguely prominent Tory

Somebody literally nobody has ever heard of

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Who will replace Theresa May as Conservative leader?  (Read 5779 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: October 08, 2017, 06:56:54 AM »

Damn, the Tories are screwed. I think it definitely would have been Davis if he were younger, but he's already almost 69. Still voted Davis, I guess he will be the compromise candidate.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:28:27 AM »

Anyway, if it's not Davis I think it will be Patel, Raab or some very right-wing politician nobody has ever heard of. The anyone but Boris faction is too strong, and I can't see someone like Rudd or Hammond winning.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »

Osborne definitely won't succeed May. He's only been popular in the months after the 2015 election and even then he mainly was riding on the euphoria after the unexpected election victory. But he was a liability in 2010 (even before the austerity lol), he was a liability for the remain campaign, he was a terribly unpopular Chancellor (he always was much less popular than Cameron, I'm not sure whether this is common in British politics though) and a lot of his views are out of touch with the Tory grassroots. I don't say every single Tory member is a clone of Jacob Rees-Mogg but they're definitely not going to vote for Osborne.

And I say this as an Osborne fanboy (I agree with basically everything he's ever said lol, including the brutal takedowns of May).
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »

Gavin Williamson's promotion got a lot of criticism, but he's very young (41) and he already has a very important position (Defence Secretary). Perhaps he could be the next leader?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies