Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia  (Read 3661 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 27, 2017, 02:57:12 AM »

Yet another awful, hateful incident. Why are these things happening? I can't imagine why. Truly inexplicable.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:33 AM »

All hate crimes are false flags until proven otherwise. This is always an excellent rule to follow in 2016 America.

This is 2017 America. Barack Obama, as clean of religious bigotry as any President, would have the FBI snooping around southeastern Pennsylvania and southwestern New Jersey. Members of known hate groups would already be called in for secretive questioning. But he is no longer President.

We have had the most fundamental change in American political and cultural life in America since the 1930s, and it is not a "new Birth of Freedom". Many people feel much more free to express primitive hatred.

1. This looks like antisemitism. Too many stones are damaged to suggest a personal dispute or a youthful prank.

2. There are plenty of suspects -- Kluxists, neo-Nazis, and Jihadi  terrorists. This is for local, state, and federal law enforcement to investigate, and the courts to prosecute.

3. Jewish-Islamic relations are very good in America. Islamophobia and Jew-hating have much the same psychological dynamic. Jewish groups have consistently opposed bigotry against Muslims in America.

4. I am not blaming the President.

You need to understand, pbrower, that under the Trump administration, the Neo-Nazis and the radical right-wing militia groups will not be viewed by law enforcement as any sort of terrorist threat whatsoever. If anything, they may very well be enlisted into the new regime's ever-accelerating efforts to round up and deport poor, non-white immigrants - men, women, and children - in addition to harassing and persecuting potential "terrorists" and their families in their communities and at their mosques, along with aggressively cracking down on "thugs" in the "inner cities" of Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc. With Bannon and his ilk whispering into Trump's ear, the possibilities on this front are endless!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:12 PM »

The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.

do you really have to do this
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 02:12:28 PM »

Breitbart is not antisemitic and Steve Bannon is probably not antisemitic.

I seriously don't understand how someone can say this on the one hand while also claiming that Obama/the Obama administration was anti-Semitic.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »

I seriously don't understand how someone can say this on the one hand while also claiming that Obama/the Obama administration was anti-Semitic.
Very simple. The Trump administration is good for Jews. The Obama administration was bad for Jews, and intentionally so.

Wow, you sure convinced me!

On a related note: f**k the unrepresentative, yet utterly cynical right-wing warmongers who traffic in truly ugly racist and anti-Muslim prejudices as a means of accusing Obama of being an anti-Semite. Pay no attention to the thinly veiled (if even that) White Supremacists who have exponentially increased their influence in the Republican Party that now controls the entire US government! As long as they want to bomb Muslims, they're A-OK! Smiley  
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »

Also, I can't speak for American Jews myself seeing as I'm not one, but I imagine that their left-of-center views (in aggregate) might have something to do with the long history of the American Right's anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, and anti-"ethnic" (read: non-WASP/"Anglo"), anti-black features, and that they recognize that these features are highly correlated with one another - especially considering that anti-Semitism and hostility towards the Left and "liberal elites" ("Hollywood", "pointy-headed intellectuals", "race traitors", "n***ger lovers", and yes, "Wall Street") also have traditionally gone hand-in-hand at various points in American history (and European history, for that matter). Just a thought, though.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »

Haha, everyone who disagrees with the Obama administration is a racist and, despite Obama being a Christian, anti-Muslim Roll Eyes The Obama administration was not antisemitic because of the guy's skin color or religion but because it intentionally employed antisemitic tropes to defend the Iran deal, because it handled the case of Jonathan Pollard in an antisemitic way, and because it was the most anti-Israeli administration the U.S. has had for decades. But liberals prefer to close their eyes and ears and shout "RACIST" until their opponents understand that facts don't matter to liberals and back off. Meanwhile, there is not a single shred of evidence that the Trump administration includes antisemites. None.

Not sure what this is but OK.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:35 PM »

Enjoy your sectarian crusade. Those always end well!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies