S.19.4-5: Standardizing Election Times Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:47:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-5: Standardizing Election Times Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.4-5: Standardizing Election Times Amendment (Failed)  (Read 734 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: November 25, 2019, 02:01:59 AM »

-4-month legislative terms wouldn't work well. Basically half of regional legislators are either new or semi-active. It's good to have somewhat regular legislative elections so we neither get stuck with an inactive batch nor have to wait too long to get new active players in office.
I concur with the Governor. While I can see the attraction of having an aligned election schedule. I'm not sure this Bill is the way to go. This is a Fantasy elections game after all. Having elections is a part and parcel of why one would join the game in the first place. Compared to what this Bill puts forward, the existing schedule is fine. Having a batch of inactive legislators for longer than the current arrangements (which this bill would do) it just plain silly.

This bill is self-explanatory and I would like to hear the opinions of my fellow delegates on this matter.
It's self explanatory in what the change is, not why the change is warranted. I would be interested in both the bill's author and the bill's sponsor to advocate for this Bill. Currently I'm not sold on the necessity of this bill.

also if people in Nyman are going to complain about a region having non-standard elections they should look west Tongue
Once again I concur with the Governor. This isn't Fremont, land of the by-election and Kansas envy.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 05:51:13 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies