Italy 2013 official results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:04:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italy 2013 official results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italy 2013 official results thread  (Read 91075 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 25, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »

Italy and the US are just about the only "true" bicameral countries left in the world.

Left has taken the lead in Calabria fwiw.

In Piedmont, too.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

23% in from "swing" Sicily - Berlusconi up 5%.

Yet, he leads in only 2 provinces on 9, funnily.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »

Left took the lead in Lazio.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »

Berlusconi lead in Sicilia is down to 3.4 (over Grillo), Bersani being one behind Grillo.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »

Berlusconi lead in Sicilia is down to 3.4 (over Grillo), Bersani being one behind Grillo.

Large population areas that are going strongly for Berlusconi make up most of the non-reporting areas.

Sure, but, that lead is still continuing to decrease for now (3.1, now).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »

More than half of the outstanding precincts are in Torino, which voted for the Left.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:23 PM »

Apparently the new parliament won't meet till March 15. So how does the Italian government formation process work? When does Bersani get asked by Napolitano to form a government? Gets his commission and then tries to cobble a Senate coalition together? Or simply say "sorry, can't do it" and recommend an early election?

It's impossible for the President to dissolve Parliament in the last 6 months of his term, I read.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »

Silvio is demanding a recount.

Here. We. Go.

And for which reasons they would grant him one?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »

The Constitutional Court said no in 2006 when the margin was 0.1%, why would they give him one now with 0.4%? Hopefully certification comes through soon if it hasn't already. Still a couple of precincts in Lazio outstanding.

Which had to be for some bizarre reason. I'll never understand how there isn't a recount when the margin is that small. Closer to 0.5%, ok but 0.1%? That's an injustice. And I'm not saying Prodi wouldn't have won but how do you not recount the vote in that instance?

Phil, do you realize that a 100,000 vote margin is generally incontestable (and uncontested) in most European countries? The only reason the US has so many recounts is that you pathetically suck at properly counting votes.

I acknowledge your latter point. Believe me, I understand. But you honestly don't believe a 0.1% margin is worth another look?

Depends of what the margin in vote is.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »

From what I have seen Italians living in Europe re very supportive of Monti while Italians in Italy don't seem to like him that much.  Can someone explain why?

Less touched by austerity, I suppose.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »

From what I have seen Italians living in Europe re very supportive of Monti while Italians in Italy don't seem to like him that much.  Can someone explain why?

Less touched by austerity, I suppose.

Well yes, but why would they support Monti?

They are right-wing and are ashamed by Berlusconi, which is in International news all the time for bad reasons?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »

So are separate Senate elections allowed or not? That'd be the easiest way to break this deadlock.

Answer:

Yes, it's written in the article 88 of the Constitution (the same one which is banning the President dissolving them in the last 6 months of his term).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

In North America Senate, the PdL incumbent from Montreal was beaten by a PD candidate from Vancouver, from what I see.

Surprised than USA isn't getting someone to be elected there.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

I think the likeliest option here is that without Grillo's blessing some M5S Senators back a leftist coalition anyway and, Bersani manages to form some kind of monster with Monti and a minority of M5S Senators which lasts until 2014-16 and then collapses. Which would then usher in another, final Berlusconi term.

In 2016? When Berlusconi is 79?

It wouldn't surprise me. I personally think he will lead PdL until he is too sick or dies.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »

BTW, why did the left win in such a landslide in Molise? Frattura ended up 19 points ahead, somehow, despite the region being basically tied at the Senate/House levels.

With M5S around, it's impressive to win something by more than 10 points.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »

If they're just gonna put in another technocratic government, what the hell's the point in even having an election in the first place?

Very undemocratic.

Well, a government must be appointed and none is possible. The only possible option is a technical government until an election can be held. And none can be held until a new President is elected in May.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »

Could Pd prop up a clown minority government, and kill it when it does something stupid?

I suppose so, but why they would do that, especially when they have the majority in the House?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »

I was sure Courmayeur was in France. It's a known ski resort in the Alps and since it had a French name, I thought it was in France. Still, it's easier to write than other ski resorts (like Garmish-Partenkitchen, sorry for spelling).

Which kind of party is «Vallée d'Aoste» ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies