Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:42:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton for Lieutenant Governor of the Pacific  (Read 11172 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: August 04, 2009, 03:28:04 AM »

I urge members of all parties in the Pacific to vote for a Lt. Governor that will fulfill the duties of the job and bring reform to the region.

Okay, well, not to be a stickler or anything, but... firstly, which duties of the office did Alcon not fulfill?  Secondly, how do you propose, as potential Lieutenant Governor, to bring reform to the region, and what type of reform, exactly?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »

The most catastrophically horrible GM Atlasia has experienced, including bringing up constitutionality questions when the Senate attempted to remove him from this position.

I won that lawsuit.  And it was entirely within my rights to sue.  I think even Purple State would agree with that.

Even after being asked by bgwah to step down, Ebowed wasn't ready to go.

That is outright false, but either way, I stepped down as soon as the court case was resolved.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:20:08 AM »

Your pathetic smear campaign will not get very far, Mr. Hamilton.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:22:38 AM »

Do you want to contest anything I just said in the above post?

I do not address the specific allegations of infamously unreliable political hacks.

We have gotten a better look than ever at what exactly you plan to do to the Pacific.  Very few are impressed with this, er, 'vision.'
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »

rather than addressing the allegations of your decidedly horrible record.

Except my record is not horrible.

You couldn't match my federal and regional legislating efforts even if you devoted the rest of your life to it.  First President to win re-election?  Won a Senate seat through a write-in campaign?  Successful party strategist and advocate for liberal causes?

But please, let us keep focusing on my record.  I am more than happy to campaign on it.  Perhaps you can campaign on yours, too.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:39:59 AM »

A constitutional crisis occurred because of your inability to fulfill obligations to Atlasia. Not exactly A GOOD RECORD.

Are you disagreeing with the Supreme Court's acceptance of my lawsuit?

Do you disagree with the final conclusion they reached?

Thank you for your support. Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:46:34 AM »

No. I just think it's utterly pathetic that the entire situation had to take place. A respectable person like Brandon H would just step aside in the first place. Before Senate action, before constitutional crises, before court cases.

I was planning to step down anyway.  I remained as GM through the court case so that I would have the grounds to file the suit.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 02:08:52 AM »

We have merely pointed out the problems with some of your statements.

All things considered, the campaign you are running is very inflammatory.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 02:53:44 AM »

When we started this campaign, I didn't believe that I would have a chance.

You must still believe that if you are shopping around for positions in the Department of Forum Affairs as a safety net!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:57:20 AM »

Please don't assault my willingness to go out of my way to help a fellow Atlasian upon his request.

Seeking two positions at the same time is generally not viewed very positively around here.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »

As far as I'm aware he didn't so much specifically ask you for a favor as he did ask anyone to volunteer.

This would be mitigated somewhat if you hadn't gone on to bungle the absentee ballot which resulted in an illegal voting booth.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 03:05:01 AM »

and all other Atlasians are aware of how this specific event was brought on

Yes, because you were not following the law.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 03:25:16 AM »

See, you have already attacked me on this.  This is the whole reason I brought any of this up (well, that and being able to administer an election properly would be part of your job if you win).

A confirmation hearing stayed open for longer than it should have - meanwhile you posted an illegal voting booth when you hadn't even been confirmed properly to be the Deputy SoFA, a booth which is probably going to just sit there and confuse voters until a valid one shows up.  The incompetency here is shocking.

You keep bringing up questionable items from my several years of public service to Atlasia.  You attack me over these things relentlessly while not demonstrating their relevance to this campaign.  Then you claim that I have been attacking you unfairly.  You can't have it both ways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies