Worst airport you've been to (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:37:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Worst airport you've been to (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst airport you've been to  (Read 1659 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: May 07, 2021, 05:01:06 PM »

I've been to a lot of horrible airports, including many tiny ones which don't receive scheduled passenger service. But small and lacking in services doesn't necessarily mean bad. I briefly started making a list, but I deleted it, because no place on Earth is more miserable than Tegel.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 05:05:03 PM »

Newark is the worst in the United States.  The United terminal was turned into a bougie overpriced money pit with nothing for the common man.  Employees are also rude as hell.
We have our own private restaurant which you need an invitation to go to. Smiley Employees are nice there.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 07:28:12 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2021, 07:34:51 PM by Santander »

Worst impresson: Berlin Schönefeld (SXF)

When I went to Berlin I will always remember how, after landing, when we went to the baggage section, which was extremely ugly. No ceiling whatsoever and a building in general that looked like it was last renovated back in the days of communism.

Given how people here are describing Tegel as the worse of the 2 Berlin airports I am genuinely curious how bad could it get (my experience at Schönefeld was perfectly fine; it was just an incredibly ugly airport to me for some reason)
Well, I'm not poor, so I never flew out of Schoenefeld. Wink But Tegel was way overcrowded and had a horrible layout. Groundside, there wasn't much (although I did buy a suitcase at the Lufthansa shop once), and airside, you're basically crammed into a tiny and crowded holding pen with not enough seating and no real amenities. Since it was overcrowded and immigration/security queues were long, especially for non-Schengen flights, you were forced to spend a lot of time airside. Obviously, most people spend more time airside at most airports, but few airports of Tegel's size were as lacking in the most basic amenities (e.g. seating, food). Aesthetically, it wasn't exactly something to write home about either, being very dated and having low ceilings for an airport.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:08:10 PM »

I don't fly much anymore (I developed a fear of flying after 9/11 when I flew to L.A. a couple days before for a technical conference, and two of my colleagues coming from Boston were on one of the WTC planes).  But during my frequent flying days it had to be Logan, simply because it was incredibly annoying to get in and out of by car.  I've heard that the Ted Williams Tunnel has improved the situation.
Logan is one of the best airports in America for getting into the city now.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »

The only real mercy is that it's such a poor experience that the whole place is basically empty.
Well, Dublin (a pretty horrible airport in its own right) is just down the road, and you can get anywhere from there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies