Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:06:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver  (Read 4157 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: May 21, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

Welcome to Fremont, folks!

x Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »

Right, I guess it's time to get this thing rolling. In my capacity as Deputy Chair, acting according to the provisions of Article III, Section 2(a) of the bylaws, I hereby open the floor to nominations for the offices of Chair and Deputy Chair of the Labor National Committee. Nominations will continue for 48 hours, after which we'll vote.

Also, before anyone asks, Blair is still in charge here; I am merely the deputy filling in.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »

Having waited until almost the last moment to make my decision, I hope it will not be too terrible a disappointment to my colleagues that I must decline the honor of your nomination to the chairmanship of the National Committee. As grateful as I am for the gesture, and as much as I care about the future of our party, I know the limits of my public talents, and I am simply not the best candidate to guide our party through the next four months. Only a sense of duty to those who placed my name in nomination compelled me to even consider seeking the post, and for me to assume leadership of the party under such conditions would be a detriment to Labor and to my own ability to effectively advocate for our values in the public sphere.

I will accept the nomination to remain as Deputy Chair, and offer my sincere thanks to those who placed my name in nomination for either office. I now look forward to continuing the work thus far so nobly advanced by our candidates across the nation in pursuit of a just and prosperous future.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

With that, the nominating period has concluded, and the candidates for election to the National Committee are as follows:

FOR CHAIR
Never Again of Virginia

FOR DEPUTY CHAIR
Harry S Truman of North Dakota

Harry S Truman was nominated for the office of Chair, but declined; Never Again was nominated for the office of Deputy Chair, but did not accept the nomination.

With no other candidates having been nominated for either office in accordance with the bylaws, I move that Never Again and Harry S Truman be respectively elected Chair and Deputy Chair by acclamation.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »

Seeing no objections, it would appear the motions have been agreed to.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »

Order! With no objections on the floor, the future leadership of the National Committee is resolved with the election of Never Again as Chairman and Harry S Truman as Deputy Chairman. This convention likewise registers its gratitude to our former president and erstwhile chairman, Mr. Blair, with the unanimous adoption of the resolution proposed by Mr. Barnes.

In accordance with the bylaws, we will now proceed to the next item on the agenda : the selections of the party's candidate for president. A period of 72 hours will be allowed for nominations, followed by a vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »

Motion to expel JTC, just for that. Tongue
Illumilabor strikes again!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:32:10 PM »

With the period for nominations having expired, I move that Clyde and Siren be nominated for president and vice president by acclamation.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »

Order!

With no objections on the floor, it is my high privilege to announce the nomination by this convention of Clyde of Lincoln and Siren of Fremont for President and Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »

I would like to introduce a motion that a vote be held to formulate our party's official stance on whether Atlasia ought to remain a Republic, or become a Confederation as some have been suggesting recently.
Second.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies