Gregoire by 8 votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 06:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gregoire by 8 votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gregoire by 8 votes  (Read 20364 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: December 22, 2004, 12:40:32 AM »

Frankly, a re-vote is a bad precedent to set for future elections.  I would prefer one side to get mad and set out their frustrations for the next election, no matter who they are.

We'll see what happens.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 12:59:04 AM »

Frankly, a re-vote is a bad precedent to set for future elections.  I would prefer one side to get mad and set out their frustrations for the next election, no matter who they are.

We'll see what happens.

If Rossi is smart, which I think he is, he'll concede and plan his next election and win with a larger margin (not that that is saying much.)

Hmm, I wonder if he'll really run for senate like some have rumored.

Possibly.  He would be about the best Republican candidate against Cantwell, probably, and would definitely have a shot.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 01:05:46 AM »

If Gregoire didn't win the recount, expect some more missing votes to be discovered.  The Dems will bitch until they win this one.

It's standard Dem policy.  I wouldn't expect a close race to be without it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »

According to actual state law, the ballots shouldn't count.  Turning up enough ballots at the end to win is a classic old Democrat trick that goes back to the days of good ol' Mayor Richard Daley of Chicago.  No one else has added any "new" ballots to this recount, only King County is trying to; the other "new" ballots in other counties that changed the numbers were found to have not been counted by the machines before.

Also, if there isn't enough proof of MSM bias, note that when the Dem chairman says that Gregoire has an 8-vote win, the AP says Gregoire has an 8-vote win.  Whenever they referred to Rossi's wins earlier, the AP reported them as "leads" or "ties".

As a Democrat, I'm proud to see that we were able to successfully steal this election and that there are plenty of Democrat supporters who continue to be dumb enough after all of these years to believe that the win was fair and square.  Means we can keep doing this until kingdom comes if we need to.  Yee-haw!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies