Reunification of the Southeast Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:02:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8558 times)
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« on: August 01, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »

First off let me announce my support for this bill.

For one, I think it is important that the citizens of Virginia have an opportunity to voice their opinion regarding their region of choice; the only way this will happen is if this bill passes.

In regards to Gabu's question, Virginia has a great deal more in common with the states of the Southeast than with the states of the Mideast. Yes, this includes the fact that Virginia was part of the Confederacy, but I feel that it goes deeper than that. Any Virginian will tell you that we have more in common with Atlanta than Indianapolis, culturally, socially, historically, and many other -allys I can't think of at the moment. We like sweet tea, NASCAR, and college football. We say ya'll and speak in a slow Southern drawl. We are proud of the heritage that we share with the South.

(I will now step off the soapbox)
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 10:10:19 PM »

I have PM'ed all Virginians asking for their input on this matter, so hopefully they will make their feelings felt soon.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 05:33:20 AM »

Senator MHS, Clark Kent Daily Planet, does your position on this bill come about because of your Senate race in southern states?

I've always felt this way about Virginia. A while back, I joined Ernest's Dixie Union Caucus, which had the placement of Virginia in the Southeast as one of its goals. I supported Virginia's move to the Southeast then and I support it now.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 04:26:22 PM »

nickshepDEM isn't even registered in Virginia I think. I believe he is registered in Maryland.

The actual VA residents are as follows:
A18
MHS2002
Frodo
Ben (family is in VA although he's in the UK I believe)
MODU
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 05:56:55 PM »

There are 8 people from Virginia. So far it's 3-1 but Umengus, nickshepDEM, Ben and thefactor(Beet) haven't said anything yet.

To my knowledge nickshepDEM and thefactor are actually from Maryland -in real life.  As for Umengus, he is a foreign transplant who doesn't actually live here.

So there are actually five forum members who live in Virginia-

myself, Ben, AuH2O, A18 (Philip), and MHS2002.     

Are you seriously saying that we deny citizens inalienable rights just because they don't live in that state in real life? Why should it matter if they are real life Virginians or not we are not in America we are in Atlasia and you should get that through you thick skull. Would you be willing to, in real life, not be allowed to vote in state elections because you were not born in that state? This is pure idiocy of the highest kind. This smells of fascism and unconstitutionality. Why should AuH20 get a vote when he is not even a registered voter while registered voters like Umengus and nickshepDEM are being denied their right as Atlasian citizens? This is an outrage and it's intent, by this backer of the said bill, is nothing more than tomake the vote easier for the pro-Southeasterns to win while disregarding the rights and the votes of other Virginians. I know that almost all of the supporters of this bill would like it to be carried out, if passed, in a civil, lawful and orderly manner but comments like this are nothing more than discrimination against other Atlasians in order for your agenda to be more easily implemented. I am sorry if I offended any of the supporters of this bill, many of whom I regard in the highest manner, but I feel that this is nothing more than one citizen suggesting that the rights of another citizen should be taken away which is something I just cannot stand for.

I'm looking through Frodo's posts, and I don't see where he wants to deny those registered in Virginia the right to vote in any election that would involve Virginia switching regions. Perhaps you  should read the post before going postal on his ass.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »

I would like to make a motion to extend debate for 2 days (that's right isn't it?)
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 04:04:07 PM »

If MasterJedi wants to table this bill he will have made his reelection campaign much harder Wink
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 06:17:53 PM »

We could always have a Virginia Compromise that splits the state of Virginia as MEVA and SEVA.  People who register in VA have to choose between the two.  It will make the Mideast, 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Mideast, the Southeast, and 1/2 of VA that wants to be in the Southeast happy.

Virginia was already split up once. Plus I'd rather stay in the Mideast than split up Virginia.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 04:27:40 PM »

Seeing as how a majority of the people in my state that I represent don't approve, I will not vote Aye. However, it is my hope that Virginia will one day reside in the Southeast Region.

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies