Reunification of the Southeast Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8564 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: August 02, 2005, 01:51:41 AM »

But it seems to me, as King implies, that the Mideast is just losing a state and is getting nothing in return except for the fuzzy satisfaction that they've made some Virginians happy, which is not likely to fly very well.
Yeah!  Who cares about the people in Virginia, we can't let Joe Republic lose a state!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 02:02:25 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2005, 02:07:59 AM by Porce »

But it seems to me, as King implies, that the Mideast is just losing a state and is getting nothing in return except for the fuzzy satisfaction that they've made some Virginians happy, which is not likely to fly very well.
Yeah!  Who cares about the people in Virginia, we can't let Joe Republic lose a state!

If you had read other posts I've made, you would have noted that I very much care about the thoughts of the Virginian people.  The comment above does not imply that I completely oppose this measure no matter what.  It's only a comment that I'm making to add to the debate; are we not allowed to state the cons of this decision?
I know, Gabu, I was more referring to some of the people of the Mideast, including the Governor, who are more concerned about keeping states than doing the will of the residents of Virginia.  Joe has never been open about the idea despite the fact that most active Virginians seem to support it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 07:35:07 AM »

I'll just throw in (which I forgot until now) that our Mideast Judge, Ben, is from Virginia as well.
Does he oppose this, though?  And if so, did he have the same position before becoming Mideast Judge?  I know of three active Virginians who have stated their support of reunification: Senator MHS2002, A18, and Frodo.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 07:53:28 AM »

Does he oppose this, though?  And if so, did he have the same position before becoming Mideast Judge?

Er, why would his reason for opposing this (if he does) matter?
Because he's from Virginia.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 05:41:49 PM »

I think it's funny that Joe Republic doesn't want to lose Virginia but supports abolishing the Midwest.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 05:45:19 PM »

Also, this could encourage carpetbagging to certain states just to chage their regions (like other states the Dixie Union Caucus wants).
Says the person who moved from PA to MT to run for Senate
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »

I think it's funny that Joe Republic doesn't want to lose Virginia but supports abolishing the Midwest.

Actually if you look at it, that is my way of a compromise.  I support merging the Midwest and Mideast (or most of them at least), which would as a side effect put Virginia, West Virginia AND Kentucky in the Southeast.

I thought you said that I have "never been open about the idea" of giving VA to the SE?  Clearly that shows that I am.
That's not a very good compromise-- right now, you don't want Virginians to decide what region they should be in, and it looks like you don't think the Midwest should decide its fate either.

And I retract my statement that you were never open about the idea of giving VA to the Southeast.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 06:53:31 PM »

Also, this could encourage carpetbagging to certain states just to chage their regions (like other states the Dixie Union Caucus wants).
Says the person who moved from PA to MT to run for Senate

We have been over this.  I moved to MT before I realized I wanted to run for Senate.  I wanted to move the Pacific just to run for Senate, why would I have moved to a state that was going to join the midwest soon?
According to several, including Keystone Phil, running for Senate was mentioned immediately after you moved to Montana.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 09:04:33 PM »

3-2 in favor
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies