FL/IL/OH-CBS/YouGov: D: Clinton in FL/OH, Sanders in IL; R: Kasich/Trump tie in OH, Trump up in FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:22:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL/IL/OH-CBS/YouGov: D: Clinton in FL/OH, Sanders in IL; R: Kasich/Trump tie in OH, Trump up in FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL/IL/OH-CBS/YouGov: D: Clinton in FL/OH, Sanders in IL; R: Kasich/Trump tie in OH, Trump up in FL  (Read 5269 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: March 13, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »

Clinton needs to win at least 1 of IL, MO or OH for appearances sake. Otherwise she starts to look like a regional candidate, especially with the rest of March in Bernie's favor.

She doesn't actually need to. If she loses those 3 narrowly but wins NC/FL in blowouts, she'll net enough delegates to be unstoppable, "regional candidate" or not.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »

You don't become "unstoppable" on the same day your opponent sweeps the Midwest.

You're talking about optics. Obviously they would be good for Bernie and bad for Hillary if that happened. I'm talking about math.

If Bernie wins IL/MO/OH by the same margin he won Michigan while Hillary wins FL/NC by 20 points, she nets ~50-60 delegates. Add to her current 220 delegate lead, and that's all she wrote. He needs to perform respectably in at least one of FL/NC.

He could win every other region of the country and still lose the nomination because that's how proportional allocation works. Narrow wins throughout the Midwest don't do him much good when he's already trailing by so much. Just ask Hillary Clinton...in 2008.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »

1)How is she a regional candidate when she has won in Massachusetts, Iowa and Nevada?

2)That's the same kind of BS the Clinton campaign was saying about Obama in 2008 about how he can't win the big states (New York, California, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania). This is just campaign talk to rationalize the fact that you're still running despite the fact that there is no plausible path to the nomination.

I do see a lot of shades of Hillary 08 in Sanders 16. I'm just glad I'm on the winning side this time. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies