Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What are you general thoughts on Tulsi?
American War Hero, smeared by the left and right

Well intended but misunderstood

She's a mixed bag

Pro-Assad stooge for Russian interests

No strong opinion of her

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard  (Read 1641 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 12, 2020, 12:28:31 PM »

I could see her given a second look (or someone like her) if Trump wins and the Republican Party holds at least the senate after 2022. It won't necessarily be her but she could be a kind of proto-Third Way if the Democrats remain unpopular into the 2020s.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2020, 12:31:21 PM by Everything Was Forever, Until It Was No More »

I think her or someone like her eventually becomes president if Trump remains president after this election and the Democrats never take full control of Congress in his second term. This could even happen much sooner if Democrats lose the house this year.

She  would be a Bill Clinton-type figure. Someone who is more or less a reliable Democrat, but wasn't  so much at the start, and still has "very conservative" views on a couple of things. However, those types of views would eventually be seen as what is needed to triangulate against Trumpism (pro-appeasement, "fair" trade, and anti-immigration) if it remains popular.

It would be like when Bill Clinton became pro-choice during the 80s but still staunchly defended his ideas on liberalized trade and finance, law and order (even if gun control horseshoed back hard)  and welfare reform but coupled them with taking good positions on gay rights, some tax increases on high earners, nuclear disarmament, environmentalism, and universal health care.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is an ever-contrarian, someone who is left-leaning but feuds with the left more than she does with the right, and a big critic of U.S. foreign policy. She is basically me!
There you go. There is a path for someone who is either her or someone like her but I think that if Biden wins, she will never be president. Her path is if the establishment is discredited.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies