Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:20:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What are you general thoughts on Tulsi?
American War Hero, smeared by the left and right

Well intended but misunderstood

She's a mixed bag

Pro-Assad stooge for Russian interests

No strong opinion of her

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Let's debate Tulsi Gabbard  (Read 1641 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:10:55 AM »

Kamala Harris already tried and failed to do this.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard is this weird contradictory figure that the more I learn about the more contradictory my views on her get. I'd say mixed bag, she was certainly in the top 10% of candidates for me but just so much stuff with her background and controversies throw red flags to me.

That said had she endorsed HRC in 2016 and continued her rising star of the Democratic Party path, I'm not so sure our emphasis on her failings would be so prevalent.

She gets a lot of unnecessary hate for having homophobic views when she was younger. While I obviously disagree with the opinions she once espoused, I think she has genuinely moved past them and has offered up a very credible explanation for why she evolved on that issue, as opposed to some political opportunists who transparently changed their views on gay marriage only when public opinion had first shifted. I also think we should cut her some slack given that she was raised in what seems to have been a rather insular cultish environment, which must have heavily influenced her when she was at an impressionable age. It's not easy to break that kind of conditioning, so I find that commendable on her part.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies