Is anyone else represented by both their state Speaker and Sen. Majority Leader?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is anyone else represented by both their state Speaker and Sen. Majority Leader?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is anyone else represented by both their state Speaker and Sen. Majority Leader?  (Read 684 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:52 PM »

I don't know why, but I kind of find it cool that my district is home to both the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader for the State of Tennessee.  Also, both ascended to their roles when the General Assembly convened on Tuesday.

I'm not even sure if there are other states where the districts overlap, but I thought this would be interesting.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:47:41 AM »

I guess not since you live in Williamson county and I live in Jackson county lmao
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:15:08 AM »

I live in Dem/Dem districts, so no.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:34 AM »

I had a Dem house rep until the other week. He had been in office since 1984. My house state Senator is in his thirties and still lives at home with his parents.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

I had a Dem house rep until the other week. He had been in office since 1984. My house state Senator is in his thirties and still lives at home with his parents.

My parents just moved out of our longtime home in Mike Turazi's District, but that's about it for me.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:24 PM »

I don't know why, but I kind of find it cool that my district is home to both the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader for the State of Tennessee.  Also, both ascended to their roles when the General Assembly convened on Tuesday.

I'm not even sure if there are other states where the districts overlap, but I thought this would be interesting.

You're also represented by the Senate Majority Leader Tongue I guess you just need Mark Green to somehow become House Speaker.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2019, 04:38:43 PM by ExtremeConservative »

I don't know why, but I kind of find it cool that my district is home to both the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader for the State of Tennessee.  Also, both ascended to their roles when the General Assembly convened on Tuesday.

You're also represented by the Senate Majority Leader Tongue I guess you just need Mark Green to somehow become House Speaker.

He *is* the GOP Freshman Class President, for what that's worth.  And, McConnell is from Kentucky, not Tennessee.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:35 PM »

I have a 2nd term assemblyman and currently no state senator. My assemblyman is running in the special election in a few months, so I might not have an assemblyman then.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:07:25 AM »

Richard Lindsey?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 01:16:59 AM »

Richard Lindsey?

Yes
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 02:32:27 AM »

No, I live in a exurban GOP district in a state where everything is under Dem control. However, my state senator use to be Micheal Roberson who was state senate majority leader from 2015-2017 but he vacated the seat to run for LG. In the past, I've been represented by the two most recent federal Dem leaders. Obviously, I was represented by Harry Reid but I was also born in Chuck Schumer's congressional district and was my senator for a short period as well, until I moved to Nevada in 2000.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 02:58:14 AM »

Back in Minnesota I was represented by Erin Murphy, who used to be the Majority Leader (not the Speaker though) for the House Democrats. Course Murphy isn't in the legislature anymore.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »

No, but I have been represented by two different US Speakers of the House: O'Neill and Hastert. In addition I lived in the CD adjacent to Rayburn's for a few months before his death.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 10:21:46 PM »

Wow.  Congrats on having almost zero representation in your state legislature.  Party leaders are notoriously ill-equipped at delivering the goods for their constituents, having to instead spend all of their time in the media and whipping votes.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »

I live in a solidly Democratic county, and in solidly Democratic districts in both chambers.  And even if (and when) Democrats take control of both the House of Delegates and Senate this November, neither of my representatives are high-ranking enough to lead either chamber.  
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 03:11:18 AM »

I don't know why, but I kind of find it cool that my district is home to both the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader for the State of Tennessee.  Also, both ascended to their roles when the General Assembly convened on Tuesday.

He *is* the GOP Freshman Class President, for what that's worth.  And, McConnell is from Kentucky, not Tennessee.

Wow, that was a brain fart on my part, sorry.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »

In NJ both GOP leaders are in the same district but I don't live there although the NJ Gop leaders are probably favored to lose

ITS A ROMNEY(2012) Menendez 2018 district. Its gone for the GOP at a federal level although local candidates could win it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 09:09:19 AM »

I'm wondering if there's even another stayed in the country where the house speaker and State Senate Majority Leader have overlapping districts?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 06:19:44 PM »

I'm wondering if there's even another stayed in the country where the house speaker and State Senate Majority Leader have overlapping districts?

From Aug 2013 to Jul 2017 the minority leaders of the IL Senate and House were in overlapping districts and lived in each other's district.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies