UPDATED - Chicago Tribune Polls of Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesoat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:07:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  UPDATED - Chicago Tribune Polls of Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesoat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UPDATED - Chicago Tribune Polls of Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesoat  (Read 3397 times)
bushforever
bushwillwin

« on: October 12, 2004, 09:30:59 PM »

The Chicago Tribune was once considered the conservative newspaper.  But now it's nothing but garbage that caters to the yuppies in Lincoln Park and the North Shore.  I don't trust anything from that newspaper...even the comics suck.  There is no way that Bush is leading in IA and losing in OH & WI by 4 pts.  Don't trust these biased polls one bit.  After all, the Chicago Tribune was the newspaper that published the famed "Dewey defeats Truman" back in '48.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 09:39:44 PM »

Don't trust these biased polls one bit. 

Do you claim that they changed the numbers they got?

No, but I claim that they are not expert pollsters and have a reputation of liberal bias.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:56:36 PM »

Don't trust these biased polls one bit.

Do you claim that they changed the numbers they got?

No, but I claim that they are not expert pollsters and have a reputation of liberal bias.

Let's assume that they are very liberal, how does it affect the numbers?

Let's even assume that they are poor polsters. Why in this case the numbers deviate necessarily toward Kerry in all four states.
Because they only poll in cities or do random calling or ask people at only a certain time, i don't know.  All I know is that I read the Tribune, it's very biased, and they're not experienced pollsters.  It's just like Strategic Vision, Zogby, other unreliable polls.  Most people could agree it's Bush +2 in WI, Bush +2 in OH, Kerry +2 in IA, Kerry +2 in MN.  That's fair, that seems more accurate, more logical.  I don't like polling, even when it does favor the candidate I like.  Because there's too many things that could go wrong or are unaccounted for.  They also can discourage people from voting if the percentages are greater than 5 or 10% towards one candidate.  I like the blue state, red state predictions better.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:21:51 PM »

Well, say the NRA did a poll and then Planned Parenthood did a poll.  Wouldn't you expect the results to be slanted or inacccurate because a) the group has little experience in state polling and b) because the group has partisan tendencies.  Well, it's the same here.  The Trib is a liberal institution and is not the non-partisan expert pollster that should be running polls.  I think I know my city's newspaper, thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies