Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:19:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset  (Read 2741 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: December 18, 2021, 02:26:08 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2021, 02:32:28 PM by Anaphylactic-Statism »

Not surprising given Facebook's metaverse project. I'm not sure the technology is there for a Snow Crash world yet, though. The track record for VR and AR products is really bad, and it's never what they hype it up to be. This reminds me of the 3D printing hype in the early 2010s, when it didn't end up getting big and facilitating reshoring and micromanufacturing as anticipated. I don't see this panning out within a decade. It's pretty obviously just Facebook trying to distract people from its problems with some new gee whiz thing and all the other tech companies keeping up with the Joneses.

I could also obviously talk about how there's far more productive technologies we could be researching right now, but I'm really not in the mood to get into a multi-page debate with some tough guy basement-dwelling libertarian whose best argument for this wonderful business cycle is "muh human nature".

Not that I wouldn't enjoy a Star Trek holodeck
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies