New DailyKos/Research 2000 tracking poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  New DailyKos/Research 2000 tracking poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New DailyKos/Research 2000 tracking poll  (Read 25703 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »

Dems have a 10% or 11% party ID advantage nationally right now, so this is right in line.

Which planet is this?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »

Did you look at the part where the party breakdown is D-35/R-26?

That is not decent.

You are forgetting the fact that ChrisFromNJ does not live on the same planet as the rest of us.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »

9-16

Obama 48 (nc)
McCain 44 (-1)

Please sticky this, and please remove DailyKos from the title, as I think it has been irrefutably decided by arguments in other threads that when a partisan organisation merely publishes or orders the poll, their name doesn't get included with the Poll title. Thanks.

I find it quite amusing that people care so much about this.  What do you have against it being listed as a DailyKos poll?  Worried that the fact that the most pro-Obama tracking poll out there would be taken less seriously if everyone knew that it was a highly partisan, Obama-backing site that financed the whole operation?

(In any case, there are significant problems with this poll that go beyond who pays for it.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »

I find it quite amusing that people care so much about this.  What do you have against it being listed as a DailyKos poll?

The labeling is a petty issue. However, so is the refusal to sticky it. Not sure what that accomplishes...

Personally, I think it merits being stickied.  But labeling it "DailyKos" is just worthwhile, basic information that will prevent duplication and reduce confusion.  (i.e., more people know it as the DailyKos tracking poll than the Research 2000 tracking poll.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »

9-16

Obama 48 (nc)
McCain 44 (-1)

Please sticky this, and please remove DailyKos from the title, as I think it has been irrefutably decided by arguments in other threads that when a partisan organisation merely publishes or orders the poll, their name doesn't get included with the Poll title. Thanks.

I find it quite amusing that people care so much about this.  What do you have against it being listed as a DailyKos poll?  Worried that the fact that the most pro-Obama tracking poll out there would be taken less seriously if everyone knew that it was a highly partisan, Obama-backing site that financed the whole operation?

(In any case, there are significant problems with this poll that go beyond who pays for it.)

I have absolutely nothing against it being listed as a DailyKos poll. Surprisingly enough, I like DailyKos and hope this makes more people visit the site. But you must admit that there has been a complete binfest from a good 10-15 people on the other threads at the mere notion of putting "Fox" in front of a Rasmussen poll, as if their God had been offended, which rather amused me. So there Tongue

Oh, I can easily explain that: The person who suggested the addition clearly did solely to try and call the poll into question and suggest that Rasmussen is fudging numbers for Republicans.  Naturally, when ChrisFromNJ suggests something, there's going to be reflexive opposition.

To clarify: The only Rasmussen/Fox polls put up here were the five state polls done yesterday.  Fox does not sponsor the tracking poll.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »

Sarah Failan.

Boy, them Kossacks is clever.  In that special 4chan-ish Asperger way.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »

09/20/2008

Obama   50% (+1)
McCain   42% (nc)

Um.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length