A f[inks]ing Green Party member got elected to Minneapolis Parks and Rec Board
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A f[inks]ing Green Party member got elected to Minneapolis Parks and Rec Board
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: A f[inks]ing Green Party member got elected to Minneapolis Parks and Rec Board  (Read 8007 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

Uh, why? This basically means Vladimir Putin has a spot on the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.

You are an idiot wrapped in a moron.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »

Michael Flynn is a registered Democrat and former Obama appointee. Just saying.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 08:47:17 PM »

It's Offical! Minneapolis has been compromised by the Russians. Putin will now rule Minneapolis will now be ruled by Putin personally with a Iron fist because a small time random Green Party member has been elected. Quick! Get the Army, Get the Airforce; Minneapolis is Russian occupied!
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2017, 09:06:02 PM »

I'm considering switching my official party registration to the Greens now, since this thread has been so wonderful.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »

Boo hoo
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 10:01:44 PM »

Maybe Vetaw is actually just a moderate hero Green, and only wants to hand over Minneapolis parks to Dmitry Medvedev, rather than Putin himself.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »

You know, BTRD, many Greens are actually really good progressives. Not all of them even like Stein.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:43 PM »

Bernie is a white supremacist. He only pretends to like black people because he doesn't have to live among them in Vermont.

Bernie has always, always over performed with blacks in Vermont. Bernie got 50% of the black vote when he ran for re-election in 2012.

His name was Fred.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2017, 11:05:16 PM »

Nooooooo, it's official, she won. Sad

On the bright side, Berniecrats won 7 of the 13 City Council seats, so we now have a progressive Our Revolution-backed majority even without that horrible also Green Party member in Ward 2.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »

F*&% The Green Party. I would rather vote for the reddest republicans than any one of their crap filled "candidates".
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »

Yeah, and you're still an idiot wrapped in a moron.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »

You know, BTRD, many Greens are actually really good progressives. Not all of them even like Stein.

You know how RINO Tom protests about how plenty of Republicans don't support Trump? Are #NeverTrump Republicans good?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:09 AM »

Also this should really disprove any notion that the Green Party is left of the Democrats and the "real choice" for progressives or whatever. This is her platform:

-Support healthy, welcoming, and safe parks for everyone.
-Work to expand the community engagement process.
-Support youth recreation opportunities, like arts, music, and dance programs.
-Support Equitable access and programming for the aging population.

...that's pretty bland and generic stuff and honestly I could see a Republican doing the same.

On the other hand I voted for a DEMOCRAT who as said campaigned on a "Neoliberal Free Park Board", talked on his page about rallying white people to combat white supremacy and about taking "climate action for racial justice". Now who is further left?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 07:35:36 AM »

Also this should really disprove any notion that the Green Party is left of the Democrats and the "real choice" for progressives or whatever. This is her platform:

-Support healthy, welcoming, and safe parks for everyone.
-Work to expand the community engagement process.
-Support youth recreation opportunities, like arts, music, and dance programs.
-Support Equitable access and programming for the aging population.

...that's pretty bland and generic stuff and honestly I could see a Republican doing the same.

On the other hand I voted for a DEMOCRAT who as said campaigned on a "Neoliberal Free Park Board", talked on his page about rallying white people to combat white supremacy and about taking "climate action for racial justice". Now who is further left?

The person you voted for is more of a left-wing nutcase that has no idea what parks and rec consists of, I'll give you that.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »

Wow rallying people  against white supremacy, I wonder why the person lost for a position on the parks and rec board?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »

Wow rallying people  against white supremacy, I wonder why the person lost for a position on the parks and rec board?

lol yes, the candidate who campaigned on a boring parks and rec platform (but is simultaneously a Putin shill) beat the candidate who campaigned on "climate action for racial justice" for a seat on the parks and rec board... who would've thought?
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »

From what I have read on this thread today, I have been inspired to start a reign of Green supremacy. Racial supremacy will no longer be an issue- the only thing that determines any personal value is if one identifies as a Green Party member. All members, if deemed to be of high value, shall then be elevated to the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board- the supreme governing authority of the New Green Order.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »

From what I have read on this thread today, I have been inspired to start a reign of Green supremacy. Racial supremacy will no longer be an issue- the only thing that determines any personal value is if one identifies as a Green Party member. All members, if deemed to be of high value, shall then be elevated to the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board- the supreme governing authority of the New Green Order.
You're going to fit in well here.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 05:55:46 PM »

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »

Nooooooo, it's official, she won. Sad

On the bright side, Berniecrats won 7 of the 13 City Council seats, so we now have a progressive Our Revolution-backed majority even without that horrible also Green Party member in Ward 2.
Gross. Damn leftists! Just accept the polished neoliberal consensus already.
*/rant*
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 06:30:51 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »

[ prepares to attempt explaining to brtd that, notwithstanding the undeniable crappiness of the green party as a whole and especially its leadership, this one individual seems to be simply an environmentally minded Progressive with a nice vision for Minneapolis parks, and it's silly to get worried about the green party actually affecting our lives when it's only the freaking Minneapolis Parks and Rec Board]

. . . . .

[ realizes it would be a waste of bandwidth to even attempt speaking logically on this issue to red, and walks away]
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »

What kind of "fit in" are we referring to here? I'll take any, really, as long as I can keep my Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2017, 12:18:07 AM »

The Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board is more powerful than you'd expect. They control their own police force, separate from the Minneapolis PD and control about 15% of the land in the city and thus gets seats on the Planning Committee which sets zoning laws, so do get a say in things like establishing affordable housing. They also have significant control over how utilities like plumbing and the sewers are managed because of how that impacts parks as well as the golf courses they control. Also they can ask for additional tax revenue and property tax levies and even though such requests need to be approved by the Board of Estimate and Taxation it does not have to go through the City Council.

That level of power is still far too much to be even partially invested in a party as downright loony and out of touch with reality as the Green Party is.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

The Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board is more powerful than you'd expect. They control their own police force, separate from the Minneapolis PD and control about 15% of the land in the city and thus gets seats on the Planning Committee which sets zoning laws, so do get a say in things like establishing affordable housing. They also have significant control over how utilities like plumbing and the sewers are managed because of how that impacts parks as well as the golf courses they control. Also they can ask for additional tax revenue and property tax levies and even though such requests need to be approved by the Board of Estimate and Taxation it does not have to go through the City Council.

That level of power is still far too much to be even partially invested in a party as downright loony and out of touch with reality as the Green Party is.

Well then, Thank God the Minneapolitans elected someone who campaigned on the issues over a social justice Bolshevik!

Definitely. We have enough racist police without someone campaigning on leveraging their position for racist justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies