1st Presidential Debate Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:22:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  1st Presidential Debate Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Presidential Debate Megathread  (Read 47640 times)
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« on: September 29, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »

So 2 commercial breaks for a 90 minute event? Ok? How is this bad for Biden lmao

All the debates going back to 1960 never had breaks. It feeds into the “Biden needs a diaper change” argument.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 03:20:36 AM »

My takeaways:

1. I expected Trump to be kind of sluggish and sleepy. More like Bush in 2004 and Obama in 2012. I was surprised Trump was as aggressive and fiery as he was.

2. I thought Joe Biden would look better. I’m assuming they do camera tests, debate prep, ect. I am actually surprised he looked quite as “elderly” as he did.

3. Trump’s interrupting of Wallace would have hurt Trump more if Biden didn’t also do it. By Joe Biden also interrupting Trump and Wallace, and saying “shut up” and calling Trump a “clown”, it takes the edge off Trump so it’s harder to say “He did it” when they both did.

Overall, I’m shocked that Biden did as average or mediocre-like as he did considering all the debate prep he likely did. I am also pretty shocked that President Trump was as foreceful as he was.

I’ll say slight win for Trump, but mostly a wash.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies