when was the last time your congressional district was won by... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  when was the last time your congressional district was won by... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when was the last time your congressional district was won by...  (Read 4323 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: April 13, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

Charlie Dougherty (R - Old PA 3) in 1980. Earlier that year, Dougherty was just barely re-nominated (by about 50 votes) over my current State Representative, Denny O'Brien. Denny was in the State House since 1977 but decided not to seek re-election and challenge Dougherty.

In 1982, Dougherty lost to my former Congressman, Bob Borksi. That same year, O'Brien returned to the State House and has been there ever since.  Smiley

I think at the time it was PA 4, but renumbered to PA 3 after Borski.  The Congressman before Dougherty that was a supposedly very liberal Jewish guy named Josh Eilberg and Dems have held the seat fairly consistently since WWII.  From what I read Reagan had some very powerful coattails in Northeast Philly in the early 1980s. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies