Would the STD rate... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:41:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would the STD rate... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skyrocket in a nation run by Opebo?
Obviously

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Would the STD rate...  (Read 2709 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 26, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »

Good poll States, however I don't think it would change much at all.  In the first place the only changes I would make would be to the professional aspect of sex, which is a small part of sex overall, and much more likely to be 'safe' sex. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »

Good poll States, however I don't think it would change much at all.  In the first place the only changes I would make would be to the professional aspect of sex, which is a small part of sex overall, and much more likely to be 'safe' sex. 

Why the arbitrary enforcement of 'safe' (ie, Russian "galoshes") sex? You know fully well that you are infringing on the freedom of a john with that arbitrary diminution of his pleasure

Obviously that sort of decision is up to the two parties involved.  No one else should enforce anything upon them.  However it is quite likely that she would make certain safety precautions a requirement of the deal.  Maybe exceptions for regulars, who knows.  Interestingly when it comes to paid sex, a rather high percentage of it is actually just oral sex or hand jobs, not full sex, both for safety and 'intimacy' reasons.  In any case, legalization would not reduce the use of safety precautions, though admittedly it would probably increase the frequency of paid  sex.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »

..... expose kids to sex and a younger age (11-12)

Couldn't have said it better myself! John Couey, Jr would love that!

Quite possibly.  But in Opeboland his victim would probably not have been raped or murdered.  Couey would've been sated by a prostitute long before.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »

Kids at age 11 aren't ready for sex and don't need a sex drive at that age.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'need' a sex drive, but the point is they have one.

Educate them dude.  Most kids at that age don't even have a sexual drive.  You just keep your culture of "potty-mouths" and "sex is evil" and you see what happens to your family.  The South has more teenage pregnancy and illegitimate births than any other region by FAR.  You shield rather than just let it out and be open and you get what you ask for. 

Sex is not something to be taken "lightly". You act as if sex is just something someone should do everyday w/out taking into account any consequences.

Certainly masturbation is something someone can do everyday without taking into account any consequences.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 12:37:28 PM »

Opebo, that was responding to TakeOurCountryBack's comments that kids that age don't even have a sex drive.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.. or possibly making the point that people should be educated before their hormones kick in? Please comment, TakeOurCountryBack.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 04:07:39 PM »

Opebo, that was responding to TakeOurCountryBack's comments that kids that age don't even have a sex drive.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.. or possibly making the point that people should be educated before their hormones kick in? Please comment, TakeOurCountryBack.
Exactly when did I say I was a pedophile Jake?  I just think people should learn about it rather than us living in this "sex is evil" fantasy world conservatives love so much. 

What the hell are you talking about.

He's right.   The religious right have an extreme hatred of sex, though to some extent this is a problem with American society as a whole.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 07:10:42 AM »

The come-back of conservative junk-science.
You think STD's are junk science?

Believing you get them from having sex is.

Yes, you're right. And also flies srping from rotten meat. I mean really..flies coming from worms....sureeeee.

Hah!  This comparison certainly shows your puritanism.  Relating sex to rotting meat and worms - very telling!

I am not certain what he meant by saying stds don't come from sex, but I believe he meant to remind us that sex in and of itself is harmless.  For example if two people who have no STDs have sex, none arise spontaneously from the sin.  It is only when one party has an std and another does not that transmission takes place.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 02:33:04 PM »

STD's come from unsafe sex, not from sex.
I'm very sure that that's what he meant.

And it is worth reminding people that 'safe sex' doesn't only mean the lousy, second rate sex you can have with a condom.  I means simply to have sex with one other std-free person.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 01:46:48 PM »

Although how you gonna know? That's basically the Conservative argument you're peddling there, sleep only with those you know as well as yourself, preferably only one of them per lifetime.

I'm not peddling anything, I'm just recognizing the fact that no one is going to be satisfied with condom-sex, long term.  It is simply too crappy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies