The seriousness of what Comey did if these are true
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:10:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The seriousness of what Comey did if these are true
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The seriousness of what Comey did if these are true  (Read 1676 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »

In all fairness it was catch 22 because it emerged in a month that there was 'evidence on Anthony Weiner computer' of the emails but we didn't release it because we didn't want to affect the election.

There's a wider point about the endless investigations of Hillary that contribute nothing but even as a relative hack it's funny watching Dems who praised Comeny in June now hating on him, and the oppo with Trump supporters
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »

This isn't a remarkable standard; being under investigation would be a disqualifier for any prospective VICE Presidential candidate, so why didn't this render Mrs. Clinton's PRESIDENTIAL campaign a non-starter?  

Being a rapist, fascist, xenophobe who constantly flirts with Ku Klux Clan and conspiracy theorists and a none-tax-payer who's constantly broken the law by not paying his workers and contractors at all, while at the same time having broken the law big time both with his foundation (of which at least 90% of its income has gone into his own pockets) and Trump University, which has been proven to be not just one of the biggest pyramide schemes in the US' history, but anywhere in the world - all of this is normally multiple times excluding from anyone even coming near the nomination of a major party. So how on earth do you defend that?
BoAtlantis

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »

Why did Democrats praise Comey when he decided not to investigate?  Why are they mad at him now?

Why did Republicans denounce Comey when he decided not to investigate? Why are they happy at him now?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »

In all fairness it was catch 22 because it emerged in a month that there was 'evidence on Anthony Weiner computer' of the emails but we didn't release it because we didn't want to affect the election.

There's a wider point about the endless investigations of Hillary that contribute nothing but even as a relative hack it's funny watching Dems who praised Comeny in June now hating on him, and the oppo with Trump supporters

from my recollections most Dems were crapping at Comey in June
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »

from my recollections most Dems were crapping at Comey in June
It is a large amount of republican revisionism on that part.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »

Stop trolling. You know as well as I do that the Justice Department had not given the FBI a warrant to search Wiener's laptop. By sending this letter, Comey has formed a scandal out of what could be absolutely nothing.

As I said, he did his job as far as we know. Pardon me, but I have more trust in Comey (FBI Director) than you (an anonym poster) Roll Eyes

Yet you can't explain away a sudden disregard for regulation after having followed it in a sacrosanct way up to this point. It really does feel like he was bought. Cheesy

Why explain away rumors? I'm not questioning Obama's judgement. If you do, it is because he is Black, you racict! Roll Eyes

(wow, it is so nice to use Black/Woman card instead of the real arguments)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »

He might just be covering for himself.  Think about how bad he'd look if something egregious were to come up about Hillary around Thanksgiving and Comey failed to tell us before the election.  Hillary Clinton was right to encourage him to release everything.   

And he should release everything.  Now.

When this is over, the Democratic Party should be taken to task for actively backing a candidate under criminal investigation by the FBI.  They have a stable of attractive candidates; why did they foist Hillary Clinton and her baggage on America? 

And why did the Republican Party foist a candidate who has molested women on us?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies