I just got busted for.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:01:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just got busted for.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just got busted for....  (Read 15002 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« on: April 24, 2006, 03:12:09 PM »

One question - why?

Whatever f'ed up reason it is, be honest with your parents and ask them for help - whether it be alcoholism (aa, ala-teen), or a tendency to follow the crowd (psychologist - make sure it's a licenced one), or something else - and get help.

The consequences get steadily worse as you get older (bringing booze to work tends to be a firable offence, and DUI's are taken very seriously), so it's best to deal with whatever the problem is now and get some sort of help for this while you still have a good support network.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »

To answer some questions...

I had about 20oz of vodka on me and I was intoxication.  The formal charges are "possession of an illegal substance on school grounds" and "intoxication on school grounds".

The suspension is 5 days, plus a superintendant's hearing on Friday to decide if the suspension should be longer.  (But I doubt it will be extended, as I have no prior record.)

But  why did you do it? 

If you can't answer that question, even to yourself, you  would be well advised to seek the help of a professional therapist; or at least  talk with a  counsilor and do some serious introspection.

Bringing alcohol to school is a sign of a serious lapse in judgement.  Having been caught may not have been a  whole lot  of fun, but if  you take a serious look at your life, seek help to  correct whatever problems you are facing, and get  your (stuff) together, it may be for the best.

Lying or making up  excuses, like a few have said, won't help anything.   If you get caught, your punishment will  be worse.  If you don't get caught, then you may not get the help you need to  remedy this self-destructive behavior.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »

My mother and grandparents are upset, naturally.  My dad doesn't know yet, although when he does find out it's unlikely he has much of a reaction.

I think that's the whole problem -- that your dad is disengaged, and you're looking for his attention.

Can somebody speak to him and tell him what he needs to do?

Look, I'm fine with my father being "disengaged."  That's not a problem.

Right there is screaming that it is a problem. I don't know whether to be concerned about your father seemingly not caring or you not wanting anything to do with your father. I know if I had done something showing such a lack of judgement that you did I damn sure wouldn't be logged on to an internet forum and I wouldn't have access to the outside world for a LONG time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with states on  this comment.

(somebody check the weather report for hades please.  I think they may be experiencing a blizzard) Tongue
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:04:44 PM »

"By your reasoning, the character of the president and his wife contributed to the fact that Tweed decided to bring vodka to school. "

What, you're using three year old logic now?
I'm so impressed.
Since you haven't gotten my point, I guess I just have to tell you.
My point was that Republicans are hypocrites.

Dood, you  tossed  out  a huge non-sequitur (Bush pretty much had nada to do with the subject), and have followed it up with a groundless Ad-Hominem.

Secondly,  hypocracy is very common and knows no  party bounds.  Bush worship is not overly different than the decades of Kennedy worship that the Democratic party has suffered from (and one of the auxillery reasons I was in the GOP until 2000)

Kemperor has  been commendably patient with you, and if  I may draw a parallel to the subject at hand, I suspect that you are also acting out in a desire for attention.   You got it, but at the expense of your credibility.   Is that really what you want?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies