2012-2013 NFL Pick 'Em Week 13 Schedule and Week 12 Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2012-2013 NFL Pick 'Em Week 13 Schedule and Week 12 Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012-2013 NFL Pick 'Em Week 13 Schedule and Week 12 Results  (Read 678 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

The 1st half of football between the Jets and Cards might be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

Indeed, I hate how the coaches and mgmt of the Jets are always weeks or years behind what the fans can clearly see.  McElroy deserved a shot weeks ago and Powell should have gotten more carries.
Instead we were treated to more comical Sanchez play and the Tebow circus.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

Tebow was never the answer.  Worst, most likely and actual case it was a craven owner trying to generate headlines and sell seats.  Best case, it was an athletic guy who you could bring in to take the ball out of Sanchez's hands and get some first downs or mix up some opposing defenses. As it turned out it was a monumental failure and shows the Jets up once again to be a joke franchise.

OT to Tweed: Thoughts on the Wright signing?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »

OT to Tweed: Thoughts on the Wright signing?

necessary.  teams in major markets that develop all-star caliber position players have almost an obligation to keep them long-term.  letting Reyes go was just short of an embarrassment and losing Wright would have been unthinkable.  they did what they needed to do.

Agree completely on Wright. Hopefully some of the pitching prospect develop into front of rotation talent for once and he won't be stuck on horrible teams the whole time.

Re: Reyes- I loved him at a time but was okay with letting him leave. So much of his game relied on his speed.  We all know that there is a significant drop once a player hits a certain age in this category.  It would be even greater with Reyes since he had terrible instincts.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

The thing is I think you pay many of these guys for what he used to do. A 65 steals type player.  When he will likely now be a 15HR 35 SB type guy.  Further, Reyes will be getting paid 20 million when he is 35 and in a non steriod age I can't see how in the world that would be a value.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies