Forum average. :) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:40:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Forum average. :) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forum average. :)  (Read 3509 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 13, 2004, 02:47:43 PM »

even the republicans are liberal here.

weird place.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:17:56 PM »

migrendel,
That's impressive.  I would not have guessed we'd get the same personal score.  That's the strong individualistic component.  Your economic component is pure unadulterated moralism.  I think that particular combination is dominant in San Francisco, for example.

old europe,
html code doesn't exactly work here.  try replacing the word IMAGE with img if you want the picture to show.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 07:38:54 PM »

It all springs from the philosophy I have tried my best to live by, Angus. I believe that we should help those in need, and make the voices of the voiceless heard. I also feel that we should do our best to allow the individual to choose their own fate, with privacy and liberty as our guiding lights. That, to me, is the spirit of liberty and compassion.

That's a great philosophy.  Indeed, I believe it is one you share with President George Walker Bush.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 12:17:40 PM »

My quiz results were:

Itīs funny, on the personal issues I always voted "Yes" (three times) or "Maybe" (two times), while I voted either "No" (three times) or "Maybe" (again two times) on all economic issues.

But I think most of the economic positions there were rather extremist (no taxes at all???).

Your analysis is right on the money.

The questions on economic matters are so incredibly slanted as to make just about everyone on the left in economic matters.

Actually, I always scored 100% personal and 70-80% economic, depending on the day, on this quiz.  On the other quizes I come in further to the left on the economic matters, but not this one.  I disagree with both of you.  If we're comparing quizes based on how well we think the results describe our true political compass, then the self-gov describes me best.  If we're comparing quizes based on the questions, then yes, it's a little short.  But not off the mark.  Anyway, this test is Libertarian Party propagands and should be regarded as such.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies