After 2020 will the progressive movement be dead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:41:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  After 2020 will the progressive movement be dead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: After 2020 will the progressive movement be dead  (Read 5818 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« on: March 22, 2017, 08:25:31 PM »

I doubt it. Millennials don't look to be moderating or shifting their views anytime soon and they're gonna make up an even bigger share of the electorate in 2020 and an even bigger share than that in 2024.
Virtually every Millennial could vote in 2016, the only ones that couldn't were the youngest 2-3 years of it. 2000-2001 and later is Generation Z, which is much more conservative than Millennials are. Gen Z kids are too young to remember Bush and virtually all were born after Clinton, so their actions and policies have absolutely zero resonation with them.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:07 AM »

I doubt it. Millennials don't look to be moderating or shifting their views anytime soon and they're gonna make up an even bigger share of the electorate in 2020 and an even bigger share than that in 2024.
Virtually every Millennial could vote in 2016, the only ones that couldn't were the youngest 2-3 years of it. 2000-2001 and later is Generation Z, which is much more conservative than Millennials are. Gen Z kids are too young to remember Bush and virtually all were born after Clinton, so their actions and policies have absolutely zero resonation with them.
Yeah, but being able to vote isn't the same thing as being likely to vote. People are naturally more likely to vote as they get older, so more and more millennials will be showing up to the polls one way or another. Also, the more old people die, the larger the share of the electorate that millennials make..
Also the accusation generation Z is "more conservative" is not really well founded

But but that one poll! Everyone knows that 15-year-olds keep the exact same political views throughout their lives. Also YouTube comments!

Hopefully these kids change their views when they get to college and talk to a Muslim person that's not a charicature conjured up by their favorite YouTuber Paul Joseph Watson.

I still stand by my signature for now.
I still put my stock on the results of the scholastic poll. It showed Hillary dominating with students. It's not damning evidence either way but a poll's a poll, and with such little hard evidence out there I think people need to stop the Gen Z panic.

What was the age range of those surveyed? Scholastic is only used in elementary schools, and there's zero credibility in terms of who a seven year old voted for. There's plenty of younger kids out there who vote for a certain candidate "because mommy and daddy like them."
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »

Liberals and conservatives are always reinventing themselves. It seemed like the conservative movement was dead in 2016 and now they're more powerful than ever.

It seemed like the conservative movement was dead in 2016? Huh

I think the 2010 and 2014 midterms would like to have a chat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies