Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads  (Read 4272 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »

Obviously, 21% is also Huckabee's highest. 18% is tied for second-lowest for Giuliani; his lowest was 17% yesterday. 11% is also Thompson's second-lowest; his lowest was also yesterday, at 10%.

It's not just Giuliani's lowest point in Rasmussen, it's his lowest in any national poll in the past year.  Has he ever been as low as 17-18% in a national poll before this week?

Possibly not, but confirming that would take a lot of effort I don't feel like putting in Tongue Suffice to say that Giuliani is in deep trouble.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 02:44:46 AM »

I would love an Obama-Huckabee race. Not because I think it would be a big Dem victory, but because I like both of them, even if I would never vote for the latter. The only other GOP candidate I like is Ron Paul, but I oppose his economic platform.

So you're a populist.

No, I don't think of myself as one. I like protectionism in theory but not in practice. And populism (at least the way I've heard it described) is socially conservative, which I am not on most issues.

So why do you like Huckabee? Cause of his smile?

He just seems more authentic than any of the other GOP candidates. He's not using 9/11 to his advantage (Rudy), not a hollow, plastic shell of a man with no real beliefs (Romney) and not a former Freedom Fighting Hero who has come crawling back to the Party base begging for forgiveness (McCain, unfortunately). Huckabee talks about issues that the GOP avoids like the plague (such as race, the income divide, etc.) He's a nice change from the usual hacks they nominate, even if he's a fundie. He's personally okay, but his politics are downright scary.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies