Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:49:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30557 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »

I agree- Lumine and windjammer are is doing a great Job!

Seriously, I suck.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »

Well, I'm ready to represent Danemark and Germany. I will probably represent Austria because Oldiesfreak is inactive (I have asked Lumine to represent Austria as well).

Clarende, I'm ready for the negociations.
Snowstalker, Kal, we need to wait for the return of Lumine before continuing.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Lumine.

Well, in the case you still have problems after the Russian War, I will start documenting myself about the current situation, in order to be more active and to let you end your eyes problems.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »

So I'm back, but I'll have a stressful week next week... So could you play for me just until Friday, Windjammer? I'll be back by then, really, but my week will be really stressful, so I won't really be able to play with you guys.
No problems!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »

When will Cranberry be back to take control of Germany?
After the end of the war.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »

I have the 20 PM limitation. I will answer to you tomorrow.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2014, 04:50:02 PM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

Well, I would have loved to propose this idea by PM, but, once again, I got the 20 PM limit xD.

So, as all of you probably know, I will soon die, and will soon just be Assistant GM (after having been the most powerful man in the world, running two Empires hehe). The map will basically be completely transformed, and in my vision of what Europe should have been at this time.

What I will propose you is to reform the office of Assistant GM. Before, I wouldn't say I was inactive because when Lumine asked me something, I always did the work. But I didn't have a lot of things to do.

So what, according to me, the Assistant GM should do:
-Still playing the minor powers (Denmark soon, I would have been Bulgaria if I weren't the leader of AH and Germany as well)
-Still helping Lumine for his turn (giving my advice,..)
-But be a "special adviser" for basically all players (even Russia, that's a bit hilarious given the war haha). I have really thought about the new Europe that will emerge after the war, and I think I have many ideas that could be interesting for the players. And if they want to know something they do'nt know, I could answer make the research for them,...

So what do you think about that?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 05:13:29 AM »

So will the war continue?
There is no way I can accept Snowstalker's plan:

This map is definitely terrible for AH:
-AH gets new minorities, additional tensions.
-The borders would be indefendable
-and Snowstalker would be able to recreate the Orthodox League really soon, because they would stay independent countries.

Here was my plan, plan that Snowstalker agreed before changing his mind (that's why we ceased fire, I wouldn't have accepted to cease fire for Ukraine's parts)/

Here was my plan:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seriously,
This plan was fair and generous for Russia. Russia saved face. And the minority problems in the Balkans is resolved, because AH would be happy to have resolved the problems, and Serbia; Montenegro would be happy to finally get their autonomy.

And experts would guarantee that...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »

The German plan is absurd. To suggest that Serbia and Montenegro would be "happy" to lose their sovereignty, even though they are both still fully intact, is utterly absurd, and to suggest that they would not cause minority problems in the same way that annexing a sliver of Western Ukraine would is even more so. I don't know if the Germans are lying or just that dense. We have a duty to protect our allies, the ones we forced to fight alongside us, and unless they have both been completely conquered there is no way to enforce the treaty on them.

I plainly do not want the war to continue. It is the Germans who have threatened us with breaking the ceasefire if we do not accept their terms without question--even though we had agreed to collaborate on any peace treaty that was ultimately signed.
You agreed with this plan, and then you changed your mind.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »

I'm fully aware that I'm not going to win this war; what I'm doing is trying to negotiate a sensible peace treaty, not delay the game. That's merely an unfortunate side-effect.
Yup, that's why you changed your mind after having agreed with my proposal, proposal which was generous for Russia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

But it was anything but for our allies. I've already responded to the "changing my mind" nonsense but you appear to be either incredibly dense or a broken record disguised as a poster.
A broken record?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »

Thank you, Lumine Smiley

Snowstalker, honestly, you're not going to get a better deal. Germany's determination is very clear and you don't have much leverage.

And btw, I did message you some time ago and said I can try to help you two negotiate a deal, but you ignored me, so I'm simply done. We are at peace, so I won't declare war on you, but I will give every diplomatic and political support to my German allies I can.

I don't remember receiving a message like that.

I would simply point out how nonsensical the idea of annexing Serbia is and how many issues it would cause Austria regardless of how much autonomy you gave them. I've pointed out all the basic issues with it--because it's bad for both us and Austria--but windjammer has failed to give an intellectual response to any of them other than parroting his talking points, of which I've thoroughly debunked all of them. The German plan is clear; propose an unacceptable or irrational peace, force us to continue to fight and lose ground, and eventually force us past the Urals and have all of Europe bow to the Hohenzollerns.
Speak as much as you want.
See you next turn
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »

I'm beginning to doubt your reading comprehension skills (or more likely, how much you care what I have to say). The German attitude towards these negotiations has been consistently despicable from the beginning.

Are you saying I'm retarded?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »

Secretary Hay boasts of America being on the winning side in the Great Russian War.  If he considers being on the winning side in a war that is essentially one nation against the rest of the world is a great accomplishment, then it appears he has very low expectations.  However I have great expectations of what this great country can do, if it will but reëmbrace the destiny our good fortune has given us.  I do not believe that destiny calls for us to be periodically embroiled in wars overseas as the multitude of alliances the Republicans have entangled us in would ensure.  They have signed so many treaties that this republic is practically guaranteed to be called upon in any future war that breaks out in the world.  Indeed, we may well be called upon by both combating sides to join them in their struggle against the other.

Furthermore, I note that the Republicans speak almost exclusively of their accomplishments overseas, as modest as they have been.  Do they have nothing to say about what they will do to ensure that farmers get a fair return, rather than allowing the unscrupulous to squeeze every last penny from the cornucopia of their hard work?  We need regulation of the commodity exchanges so that tycoons cannot secretly collude to not offer farmers a fair price for their produce.  Do they have nothing to say about the rights of laborers to be protected from unsafe conditions or being pushed to work until they collapse from fatigue?  We need workplace safety laws and the eight hour day.  Yet on these and many other issues that directly affect the voters, it appears that they have nothing to say, since they have said nothing.

So the party of Wilson is now staunchly isolationnist, hmmmm, interesting.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

OOC: It looks like we're heading to a full-on Russian collapse if negotiations continue as they are. A revolution come early?
OOc: I would be extremely surprised if there is a revolution.

BTW, I still got the 20Pm/limit, I will answer you to tomorrow. I will go to bed, good night to all the players.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »

Aaaand we might just get a last-minute compromise. I'm sure the negotiations can spill over into the next turn though.
Huh
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »

Question of clarification: Am I currently negotiating for peace with windjammer or Cranberry?
With me Snowstalker.
Cranberry: the internal
Me: the war.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Abdul Hamid II
x AH Chancellor Von BULOW
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »

I'm sorry for having recently exploded, but now I'm sure AH won't unfairly Transsylvania, I will probably stay as Assistant GM after the war.

As I have already said, I want to do more as AssistantGM (special adviser,...), I can writr the turn for some countries as well if you want, especially AH, Germany, Italy and France because I know relatively the situation here.
(sorry for the delay, I will send the orders)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:56 AM »

I agree with Kal.

You can ask me to do more things.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

We want to thank President McKinley and Secretary Hay for their support during the Russian war.
Indeed, their help was crucial in order to protect the German homeland. Russia  attacked Prussia last year, and if the USA didn't send troops in Europe, Russia could have been able to make more damages in Prussia.

I, the current german chancellor Von Bülow, personally thanks the Mckinley administration for their support. With their support, the USA can be considered as one of the Guardian Angel of Germany. We hope we will be able to have good relations with the USA in the future.

God bless all of you.

xChancellor von Bülow
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »

One can't help but think that the Austro-German claims of fighting to liberate non-Russians from Tzarist misrule would be strengthened if the Habsburgs and Hohenzollerns relinquished at least some of the Polish people and land that they seized during the partitions of Poland to the new Polish kingdom.

I think it was already made. At least it was my intention, and I think  that Lumine did that with the polish territories in the German Empire.

Maybe Lumine could confirm that?

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 02:06:23 PM »

Reforming AH takes a lot of time Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »

Just to say if Lumine wants to resign.

I'm willing to continue the game as Game moderator.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »

Well, I'm thinking maybe when this one ends, we can start a new one with a different time period then. I've just had so much fun playing this game I'd hate to see it end.

I'm willing to continue as Game moderator.

I don't want the game to end. And Ii understand Lumine wants to stop after the war Tongue.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies