Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30550 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »

Can I join as the Ottoman Empire?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »

I must say I am surprised that three players already decided to gang up against the Ottomans and try and carve their Empire, xD

This is getting really amusing! (specially with the PM's I have received so far)

I'm a little bitter right now, considering I barely had time to scratch my nose.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »

Well it ain't boring Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 05:37:09 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 08:03:07 AM by Kalwejt »

Well, looks like my defeat is inevitable. Playing well, guys Tongue

Anyway, I'm not sure whether we should post war orders in thread, so enemy can see everything beforehand. I mean, for plausibility sense, the opposing side doesn't know my orders and vice versa.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »

Lumine, will you wait until there's a new player to replace IBDD before starting a next turn, or will you take over Germany until such time?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:43:17 AM »

Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

We have all players again, next turn will start in the afternoon.

Thanks. I just have a little question - if it were possible, I would like to be another monarch. Like Wilhelm died with IBBD, and I'm now Friedrich IV, his son and heir? If not, Ill play as Wilhelm, but so I would be more free in my actions.

Sure, but remember that Wilhelm's heir was Crown Prince Wilhelm (20 years old as of Late 1902), and thus you will play as Kaiser Wilhelm III. I will acknowledge the change via a special event: the assassination of Wilhelm II in the hands of an anarchist (as he was almost killed in Bremen in OTL 1901).

Oh yes, I was kind of confused because his name was Friedrich Wilhelm... So Willhelm III, ok. Thanks.

I'd say you still can adopt a diffrent regal name than Wilhelm III, but I really hate the prolonging delay Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

We have all players again, next turn will start in the afternoon.

Thanks. I just have a little question - if it were possible, I would like to be another monarch. Like Wilhelm died with IBBD, and I'm now Friedrich IV, his son and heir? If not, Ill play as Wilhelm, but so I would be more free in my actions.

Sure, but remember that Wilhelm's heir was Crown Prince Wilhelm (20 years old as of Late 1902), and thus you will play as Kaiser Wilhelm III. I will acknowledge the change via a special event: the assassination of Wilhelm II in the hands of an anarchist (as he was almost killed in Bremen in OTL 1901).

Oh yes, I was kind of confused because his name was Friedrich Wilhelm... So Willhelm III, ok. Thanks.

I'd say you still can adopt a diffrent regal name than Wilhelm III, but I really hate the prolonging delay Tongue

I'm fine with Willhelm III, so don't worry Tongue

With Wilhelm after Wilhelm, we may even reach Wilhelm XVI at some point Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2014, 04:45:37 PM by Abdul the Damned »

Rest in Pieces Wilhelm II
King of Mexico
Liberator of Nauru

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »

I'm rather sceptical toward having too many players, given how active current participants are (and how much stuff to handle the GM already has).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 06:07:52 AM »

Is the signup still open?  If so, I'd like to take Spain or Portugal.

Sorry, not for now, I have a lot of trouble handling all the players as of now, xD

That said, both Cranberry and Jack are facing a very complicated internal situation, so those countries might be open in the next turns (and Jack failed to send his answers in the past turn, so he only has one turn to recover).

Actually I've decided to quit... It's starting to seem very dull right now. I might sign in as a different nation. Depending which one is open.

It's anything but dull, but I understand it's hard to play as A-H.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »

Lumine is doing a superb job, creating interesting challenges and managing the game with a lot of active players.

The problem is somewhere else: players missing turns/quitting. Also, those active giving the GM a lot to do. Perhaps we can come up with something to make his job easier and things smoother?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »

Nice to watch a war from a distance this time Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »

Oh, almost forgot Tongue

Rest in Pieces Lord Salisbury
Emperor of Tasmania
Honorary Citizen of the Ottoman Empire

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »

If there are peace talks, I propose an open thread rather than sending and responding to multiple PMs (with multiple adresses), which is rather annoying.

Sure sides can still communicate in a cloakroom.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »

I haTe russians
but I prey For them
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »

Is Vienna sleeping? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 06:05:16 AM »

Ban William Jennings Bryan

x Abdul Hamid II
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

Who let William Jennings Bryan in?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

Fighting for peace!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2014, 04:30:06 PM by Abdul the Reformer »

Damn on you, Japanese, Italians and Austrians!

Well, with more time, maybe you or Windjammer can cook up one more event, not necessarily related to the War?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:44 AM »

Snowstalker, could you do an infobox for ongoing Venezuela war and the Second Great Turkish War (a reminder of me getting my butt kicked Tongue )
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »

I hope that our firm reaction to the Russian threat will finally convince Venezuela that the patience of the united nations cannot be tested indefinitely.

President Castro, please do yourself and your country a favor.

I order the second regiment of troops, awaiting in Beirut, be dispatched to the Carribean (Italy: since we're on the same side on Venezuela and you're not warring with Russia, could we have a hand in transporting the regiment to Cuba? We're low on our own available transport.)

(US: These two regiments and our Navy Task Force is all we can committ now there.)

Italy, are you there?

Will do.

Expect a pretty Harem girl as a prove of our gratitude.

If our Prince William is also receiving these sorts of favors from his cobeligerents, one wonders where he has chosen to maintain his seraglio.  Given all he has done for foreign potentates of late, I doubt the White House would be large enough.

Your dirty tongue and dirty thought are an abomination in the eyes of our Lord the God, sir. The President is a deeply devouted Christian faithfully married to his wife till death do they part. He would never accept such a "gift".

You, sir, ought to be ashamed for saying such things and making Mrs. McKinley upset with your vulgar projections. How dare you?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

I hope that our firm reaction to the Russian threat will finally convince Venezuela that the patience of the united nations cannot be tested indefinitely.

President Castro, please do yourself and your country a favor.

I order the second regiment of troops, awaiting in Beirut, be dispatched to the Carribean (Italy: since we're on the same side on Venezuela and you're not warring with Russia, could we have a hand in transporting the regiment to Cuba? We're low on our own available transport.)

(US: These two regiments and our Navy Task Force is all we can committ now there.)

Italy, are you there?

Will do.

Expect a pretty Harem girl as a prove of our gratitude.

If our Prince William is also receiving these sorts of favors from his cobeligerents, one wonders where he has chosen to maintain his seraglio.  Given all he has done for foreign potentates of late, I doubt the White House would be large enough.

Your dirty tongue and dirty thought are an abomination in the eyes of our Lord the God, sir. The President is a deeply devouted Christian faithfully married to his wife till death do they part. He would never accept such a "gift".

You, sir, ought to be ashamed for saying such things and making Mrs. McKinley upset with your vulgar projections. How dare you?
I would think saving defenseless females from Ottoman abomination would more than justify our Prince William accepting such gifts not for any carnal benefit of his own but for the spiritual benefit of the gifts.  However, I will accept your word that you only offer harem girls to those who are not devout Christians devoted to their wives.  What the people of Italy choose to think about the insult you thus have proffered to their king, I will leave to the Italians to ponder.

Alas, alas, the royals are entirely diffrent matter. Chosen by the Almighty God himself, they are not like other mortals.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2014, 07:59:29 AM by Abdul the Reformer »

Hey Smiley So I'm on holiday from April 30th evening (European time) to May 4th. I might eventually be online for a short time, but I'll certainly won't have the time to play this game with you nerdsgreat guys.
Maybe you just play for about four days without Germany?

What?! How dare you to have a life?!

I hope it won't delay the game any longer (we're already all very eager to see what's next), so maybe a regency (either Lumine, Windjammer or someone else taking over during Wilhelm III's "ilness") would be sensible.

Given Lumine's understandable reluctance to take over a major power, I think we can indeed give Windjammer more work Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies