Why underage drinkers are smarter than you think (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:27:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why underage drinkers are smarter than you think (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why underage drinkers are smarter than you think  (Read 1071 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »
« edited: January 05, 2018, 10:42:41 PM by darklordoftech »

If someone is an underage drinker, it means that they are aware that the authorities aren't always right and successfully planned how to sneak around authority. They successfully planned how to aquire the alcohol and (if they aren't busted) how to avoid getting busted. People who say, "I'm going to leave politics to the adults because my brain isn't fully developed" scare me far more than underage drinkers do because an obedient and disenganged population is more likely to accept a tyranny than a rebellious population.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »

Were your parents particularly strict? You obviously have a “thing” about laws, parental controls, etc.
My parents sent me to a school that force-fed me awful food, sent me to summer school instead of camp, forbade me from talking to girls, and forbade me from ever leaving their sight when it wasn't school hours.

The reason I created this thread wasn't to argue that the drinking age should be lower, but rather to say that disobeying the drinking age doesn't mean that you're a moron.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »

Is this referring to people who drink responsibly before the age of 21 (in which case, both I before my 21st birthday and the majority of the under 21 population count) or people who try to get wasted every weekend?
The former.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 02:20:06 AM »

Were your parents particularly strict? You obviously have a “thing” about laws, parental controls, etc.
I've longed to discuss my belief that teenagers should be able to emancipate themselves at will, but I'm not sure what website to share it on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies