Quinnipiac Wisconsin - Biden +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:04:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Quinnipiac Wisconsin - Biden +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Quinnipiac Wisconsin - Biden +6  (Read 1324 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2024, 03:47:58 PM »

"If you publish a tied national race and a Biden +6 in Wisconsin within the same week or so, there's something wrong with your collection.

Biden cannot be up by 6 points in the Badger State and tied in the popular vote.

Welcome back to the Silly Season!"

https://twitter.com/Peoples_Pundit/status/1788297934179614973
Somebody is failing to understand MoE. Those results are perfectly possible within normal MoE..
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2024, 04:11:45 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2024, 04:21:08 PM »

With Trump falling behind in Arizona yesterday and now Wisconsin, he's in BIG trouble.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2024, 05:15:29 PM »

Thank you QAnonPac PATRIOTS
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2024, 05:18:15 PM »

RFK taking a huge chunk out of Biden. Interesting.

This is probably the one part of the country I could see RFK Jr. hurting Biden more than Trump.

I really don't know about that. Obama-Trump voters are RFK Jr.'s main base. These guys are never voting Democrat for President again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2024, 07:39:30 PM »

With MD poll and WI we are exactly where we were at in Nov 22 there is no red wave coming
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2024, 06:23:57 AM »

With Trump falling behind in Arizona yesterday and now Wisconsin, he's in BIG trouble.

Not really. I just assume undecideds will break his way because people do not like Biden. Simple.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2024, 07:53:47 AM »

Good poll for Biden. Probably a little off, but it seems Biden is doing well in the Rust belt.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2024, 08:08:46 AM »

So much for MC polls they had NC Trump 10 and WI Trump up 4 they inflate Trump numbers by 5
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2024, 08:45:21 AM »

+1 with RFK

I’m sure wbrocks will be skeptical, right?

I mean, I am lol Biden obviously not winning by 6 and the crosstabs are once again messy as hell (white too good for Biden, nonwhite too bad for him, etc. rinse repeat)

And Biden losing a whole 5% to 3rd parties is too much too. Once again, pollsters just can't get a hold on the third parties here, with seeing wild results in either direction depending on who RFK or 3rd parties are taking from that day
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2024, 08:45:44 AM »

I wish...

However, if this same poll had Trump+6, I'm sure it would be accepted as fact.

This, however is correct. The reaction would be much different if that was the result here...
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2024, 10:35:27 AM »

There have been clear outliers such as the MI Trump +15 poll, but this is also one (though it probably also overrates how much RFK jr. hurts Biden, since with RFK jr. on the ballot, the margin drops to 1). Quinnipac probably also was the one with the Biden +17 poll in the 2020 cycle here?

I wish...

However, if this same poll had Trump+6, I'm sure it would be accepted as fact.

This, however is correct. The reaction would be much different if that was the result here...

Not true, since a majority of people on the forum still think Biden would win. If a R+6 poll in WI was accepted as fact, he'd be done on arrival.

In fact the forum actively purges the users who would accept it as fact out of the forum like Snowlabrador.

This is absolutely not true either. The mental gymnastics to tell how every poll that favours Trump is a bad one, is just ridicilous.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2024, 10:36:59 AM »

Qpac is a weird pollster. This is almost for sure an outlier or worse.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2024, 10:59:08 AM »

In fact the forum actively purges the users who would accept it as fact out of the forum like Snowlabrador

He was muted for his constant dooming and concern trolling, and in case you haven’t noticed, he’s back, and almost as worse than ever.

This is absolutely not true either. The mental gymnastics to tell how every poll that favours Trump is a bad one, is just ridicilous.

It absolutely is true. Have you not paid attention to some of those poll threads that have exploded?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2024, 11:03:02 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 11:07:36 AM by LAKISYLVANIA »

In fact the forum actively purges the users who would accept it as fact out of the forum like Snowlabrador

He was muted for his constant dooming and concern trolling, and in case you haven’t noticed, he’s back, and almost as worse than ever.

It absolutely is true. Have you not paid attention to some of those poll threads that have exploded?

I haven't noticed any dooming or concern trolling. And i have a feeling that negative opinions of people are just being copied from other people who share these negative opinions. Like if person A says person B is trolling and obnoxious, person C would just adopt that and parrot that view without any evidence of person B doing so.

That is the forum mentality, and it's strengthened because of the millions of "opinions of ..." thread. In fact, many users just adopt a very intolerant approach and opinion of other people, simply because of hearsay or a very selective amount of posts that don't describe the person's views actually. The strategy of how certain users are blackened or smeared on, is similar to how certain cultural groups were in the past (during racism, colonialism, or in fascist states). And in fact, people for instance also uses this approach to less controversial groups of people, such as Gen Z (which is not easy to define and therefore maybe is not as insulting when doing the same with coloured people or certain cultural or religious groups). But the way Gen Z is described, used and referred on the forum in a way is a cover term for transgender people. Hating Gen Z is a less controversial way of saying you hate trans people.

Responding to your second quote, no i haven't noticed but threads are posted by individuals, i look more towards certain posts or opinions and the number of recommends this had, and based on that, the exact opposite of what you are stating is basically ongoing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2024, 11:23:24 AM »

Obviously it's the same people trolling about Trump winning and it's votes that count anyways
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2024, 11:23:48 AM »

Obviously it's the same people trolling about Trump winning and it's votes that count anyways
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2024, 11:24:05 AM »

Biden with the edge. I keep trying to tell you all.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2024, 11:30:51 AM »

I haven't noticed any dooming or concern trolling. And i have a feeling that negative opinions of people are just being copied from other people who share these negative opinions. Like if person A says person B is trolling and obnoxious, person C would just adopt that and parrot that view without any evidence of person B doing so.

That’s a rather odd take. But no, it’s not a mob mentality at work. He will doom in virtually every way possible. He’s not a victim here, not even in the slightest.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2024, 11:36:18 AM »

I know why do users not trust the vote but rely on polls anyways, we have been winning the blue wall since 2006 with 2010/2016 as the exception

Even Gore and Kerry won them but lost on VA

DS the user keeps relying on Gallup as a way to get Trump elected Gallup been at 38 percent Approvals since 2021 and Steve Konaki said that Biden is at 45 percent anyways
super6646
Canada

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2024, 03:26:01 PM »

Put it in the average, but I seriously doubt Wisconsin is anywhere close to +6 for either candidate.
DS0816
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2024, 04:36:33 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 04:51:38 PM by DS0816 »

This is believable with Trump +6.

Trump would win the U.S. Popular Vote by +3—which ties in with carrying 31 states—and likewise Republican pickups of Michigan and Pennsylvania by +5 and +4. (Based on increments of +1 for where each state ranks. Of course, the margins spread can be a bit more or less.)

In 2020, with his Democratic pickup for U.S. President, and Democratic pickups of this trio of top bellwether states, Joe Biden underperformed his margins in all three states vs. his U.S. Popular Vote.

ELECTION 2020
◾️ U.S. Popular Vote: D+4.45
◾️ Michigan: D+2.78
◾️ Pennsylvania: D+1.17
◾️ Wisconsin: D+0.63

This was the first such occurrence—a Democratic winner who carried any of these three states—since 1944 (Pennsylvania and Michigan) and 1992 (Wisconsin).

I suspect, with a 2024 Republican pickup for U.S. President for Donald Trump, the margins in all three states—each a Republican pickup—will be higher than what he receives in the U.S. Popular Vote.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2024, 05:11:29 PM »

This is believable with Trump +6.

Trump would win the U.S. Popular Vote by +3—which ties in with carrying 31 states—and likewise Republican pickups of Michigan and Pennsylvania by +5 and +4. (Based on increments of +1 for where each state ranks. Of course, the margins spread can be a bit more or less.)

In 2020, with his Democratic pickup for U.S. President, and Democratic pickups of this trio of top bellwether states, Joe Biden underperformed his margins in all three states vs. his U.S. Popular Vote.

ELECTION 2020
◾️ U.S. Popular Vote: D+4.45
◾️ Michigan: D+2.78
◾️ Pennsylvania: D+1.17
◾️ Wisconsin: D+0.63

This was the first such occurrence—a Democratic winner who carried any of these three states—since 1944 (Pennsylvania and Michigan) and 1992 (Wisconsin).

I suspect, with a 2024 Republican pickup for U.S. President for Donald Trump, the margins in all three states—each a Republican pickup—will be higher than what he receives in the U.S. Popular Vote.
Neither Trump +6 or Biden +6 are believable. It will be within one either way
DS0816
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2024, 05:17:52 PM »

Neither Trump +6 or Biden +6 are believable. It will be within one either way

I would not assume that.

An Election 2024 outcome in which Trump wins a Republican pickup for U.S. President and carries 31 states would be, as compared to Election 2020, a net gain of +6 states.

To win pickups of +6 states is usually in line with a national shift of an estimated +6 percentage points.

Biden’s constant struggle for 40 percent in his job approval would not translate to holding onto Wisconsin … and certainly not with a similar level margin he experienced in his 2020 Democratic pickup for U.S. President and this leading bellwether state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2024, 05:27:46 PM »

Lol, Trump is an insurrectionist and you constantly talk about Biden, this is a valid poll
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies