NE1: House the Homeless Act (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:42:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: House the Homeless Act (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: House the Homeless Act (Law)  (Read 2497 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: July 23, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »

Cynic, this is overall a fantastic bill which has my staunch support. The only thing that tends to worry me is clause 3c. What concerns me about allowing those who no longer need the housing to remain there, is the fact that there may be people who, the prior year didn't require housing, but now do. I am concerned that folks who for whatever reason are now homeless, may have a difficult time finding housing if there are too many people who can get by without housing assistance, staying in these places.  If I may propose an amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »

I'll tell you what, Matt. I'll accept the amendments as friendly, provided we can find a way in which to get those displaced into permanent housing as that is the primary goal of the bill. If you can add another clause providing that, or offer me up an acceptable compromise, then I'll add it to the bill and consider your amendments friendly.

(If you prefer, I'll attach the amendment myself but it will have to wait until I'm back home)

I think it may be best if you attach the amendment, because quite honestly, I'm not sure what you have in mind about finding permanent housing for these individuals. I'l support it 100% once we find a feasible solution, however.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »

Yes, that's an excellent amendment Cynic. I believe that definitely patches up any potential problems that this bill may have had.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies