WA-8: Reichert retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:12:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-8: Reichert retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-8: Reichert retiring  (Read 21245 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: September 07, 2017, 08:13:34 PM »

This thread has gotten very stupid.

Anyway, people have mentioned that this district is more Republican downballot, but Reichert is Reichert and gubernatorial elections are gubernatorial elections. Anyone know how Murray and Cantwell have fared here?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »

What's the source?

If that's true, then there's some truth to the notion that it's a more Republican district on the downballot level. I'll still call it Tilt D though, since it's a Trump midterm and the trend is toward the Democrats.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:25:05 PM »

This seems like a district where running a generic Very Serious moderate would be a good idea.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »

^ IIRC - Hurst is very moderate. Will "activists" support him?

WA-08 isn't really 'activist' territory.

Good that such territories still exist...

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

So wonderful, It's the ideal society.

Activists are people who want to make the world better than it currently is. It's good to know there are some areas where people realize everything is perfect already.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »

^ IIRC - Hurst is very moderate. Will "activists" support him?

WA-08 isn't really 'activist' territory.

Good that such territories still exist...

Everyone is either too rich and comfortable to care about activism or works a back-breaking low pay job which leaves them with no time or energy to care about activism.

So wonderful, It's the ideal society.

Activists are people who want to make the world better than it currently is. It's good to know there are some areas where people realize everything is perfect already.

Activists are people who want "to make the world better" according to their own ideas about what the better world is, and without asking other people's  opinion on this subject. As a result - save me God from them, i will do everything else myself...

I assume that you despised Martin Luther King, Jr. then? Not exactly surprising, to be fair.

Oh c'mon Wolfentoad. That's obviously not what he meant.

Smoltchanov has stated that he likes racist Dixiecrats in the 1960s because they did what their constituents wanted them to do, so it isn't that big of a leap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies