ex-Rep. Joe Walsh goes on racist "I Have a Dream" rant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:46:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ex-Rep. Joe Walsh goes on racist "I Have a Dream" rant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ex-Rep. Joe Walsh goes on racist "I Have a Dream" rant  (Read 4854 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »

Can we stop tossing around the word 'racist' like its a sorority girl on halloween

Are you stupid? Are you literally f--king stupid? Because you do a really good job of making it very clear that you are off the charts stupid

Because that's a great way to win over minds and hearts.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »

When I saw the thread title I honestly expect this to be a Lief thread.

Nothing says rabid white supremacist like calling for improvements African American community in regards to drop out rates, having kids outside of marriage, the crippling effects of drugs and gangs, etc....
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »

Nothing says rabid white supremacist like calling for improvements African American community in regards to drop out rates, having kids outside of marriage, the crippling effects of drugs and gangs, etc....

It does when you say it in a manner implying that only blacks have those problems.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »

Can we stop tossing around the word 'racist' like its a sorority girl on halloween

Are you stupid? Are you literally f--king stupid? Because you do a really good job of making it very clear that you are off the charts stupid

Didn't you publicly resolve to be polite like 2 weeks ago?

Outbursts happen, especially when someone says something as gratuitous and unnecessary as that.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 02:33:17 PM »

It does when you say it in a manner implying that only blacks have those problems.

Not to mention the bullet point that suggests that the only problem black people really have are those the community caused itself. It's insulting and so obviously and painfully incorrect.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »

Jesus you guys are so touchy.

Or it could just be that 'jokes' implying sexual abuse of some kind (and don't pretend that one wasn't) are, as a class, genuinely horrible and that people whose so-called 'senses of humor' rely on such jokes to the point where they can't be excised with minimal loss don't actually have any.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2013, 04:54:12 PM by pbrower2a »

So because domestic violence rates have fallen dramatically (again, no idea where you're getting this or what population it refers to) then fathers shouldn't bother to stick around?  

Poverty is a foolproof marriage repellant. And if you try to refute that with wholesome stories of ma and pa staying together during the Depression when they lost the farm, I will respond by pointing out that prevailing gender roles and social norms were what prevented marriages in that era from dissolving.

The reality is that women do not "need" a man and men do not "need" a woman in the ways they once did that transcended and took precedence over economic realities.

Who chops the firewood? The man. Nobody - we have gas and electricity.
Who plants the crops? The man. Hispanic migrant workers.
Who guards the homestead? The man. Police, ADT, and (most quickly and reliably) the family dog.
Who cooks the meals? The woman. The microwave or the staff at your local restaurant.
Who makes the clothes? The woman. Bangladeshi orphans.
Who keeps you warm at night? My spouse. The guy/girl I bring home from the club on a given night, maybe the family dog.

We've outsourced most of our husbandly/wifely duties for economic, technological and social reasons over the past 40 or so years. If you don't love someone, you have no reason to stay with them. If you don't like being with someone, you have no reason to stay with them.

If you're poor, you're stressed all the time, tired all the time and arguing about money all the time. That doesn't make you want to be with someone and could very well make you despise them over time.

Why would a working-class/underclass father bother to stick around? He has no way to provide for his family in any meaningful way.

Maybe the person whom you pick up at the club isn't so reliable.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »

According to the progressives, wishing the black community better times is racist if you criticize them in any way, shape, or form.

The point is not the criticism, it is that you are attributing the 'failings' to them, which is absurd.  It is - get this through your head - offensive and stupid to blame powerless people for what has been done to them.

I am of course anti-racism, and this "poem" here can easily sound racist if you interpret it in the wrong way. And of course it is absolutely terrible what white people have done to them in the past pre-1964. But the black community is not "powerless" as you claim. Sure, a lot of them are, but we have black leaders (who have the power) who have done absolutely nothing but to promote victimization and blame for their lives. This does absolutely nothing to help them get the power to get their voices heard. Bill O'Reilly has spent weeks before talking about how to actually fix the black community on his show "The O'Reilly Factor". I have heard nothing like it from any leftist black leader like Al Sharpton. In fact the black leaders have done nothing but attack him. And if any black person gives the black community solutions to fix the problems that their in, they generally get attacked by people like Sharpton and Jackson.

Every group has failures to them, and mentioning those failures to look up to try to wish them better times than those failures is generally racist? Please.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies