Confirmation Hearing: Duke for Vice-President (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:21:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Duke for Vice-President (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Duke for Vice-President (Confirmed)  (Read 1731 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:18 PM »

According to my interpretation of the constitution, Mr Duke is very well eligible to serve as Vice President, a position I would like to elaborate before this assembled body.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 deals with the eligibilty of a person for the offices of President and Vice President. It specifically outlines, that:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A point often mentioned here in this discussion was that the honourable Mr Duke would exactly be unable to serve as Vice President, because of him fulfilling a second consecutive term (the 31st term of an Atlasian President) in June, and this still technically being the 32nd term, fulfilled now by the third president, yours truly. One could now argue that the term following Mr Duke's term would have ended with Mr DemPGH's resignation, an interpretation I do not share, however, there is no need for this, as
the constitution defines in Article II, Section 3, Clause 3 that:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The constiution specifically bans being elected to more than two consecutive terms, however, there are no limitations to serve a third or fourth or fifth "consecutive" term through another method than an election, for example through appointment to the Vice Presidency, and then ascension to the Presidency. As such, I see Article II, Clause 1, Section 2 of the Third Constitution, which is specifically dealing with eligbility for the Presidency and the Vice Presidency, not violated; and Mr. Duke to be a constituionally appointee for the office of the Vice President.

- President Cranberry
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies