Obama slams Sanders hard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:19:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Obama slams Sanders hard
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama slams Sanders hard  (Read 1258 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:58:01 AM »

I'm surprised that hasn't been posted by now. It seems that Obama is becoming increasingly pissed with Sanders sh*ting all over his legacy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-clinton-speech_us_56bb9af7e4b08ffac123b6bc

Clinton and Sanders have sparred in Democratic debates over who is the true ‘progressive,’ with Clinton arguing that progressivism is about results, and Sanders arguing that it’s about principle. Obama, who appointed Clinton his first secretary of state after defeating her in the 2008 Democratic primary, seemed on Wednesday to clearly fall on the Clinton side of the ideological divide. He said that labels, such as ‘not a real progressive’ — which Sanders has used against Clinton — are damaging to the national discourse.”

Said Obama: “So when I hear voices in either party boast of their refusal to compromise as an accomplishment in and of itself, I’m not impressed. All that does is prevent what most Americans would consider actual accomplishments, like fixing roads, educating kids, passing budgets, cleaning our environment, making our streets safe … It cuts both ways, guys.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »

I don't see how this is an attack on Sanders himself. Please explain.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:16 AM »

So, Moderate Republican Obama is unhappy that actual lefty Sanders is pointing out that Moderate Republican Clinton is actually a Moderate Republican?

/yawn

This is what True Leftists actually believe ^
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:04:29 AM »

So, Moderate Republican Obama is unhappy that actual lefty Sanders is pointing out that Moderate Republican Clinton is actually a Moderate Republican?

/yawn

This is what True Leftists actually believe ^

"Moderate Republican"
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:35:03 AM »

Its easy to be ideologically pure when your job is to jerk off in the senate.  If your job is to actually govern, you don't have that luxury.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:55:59 AM »

I don't see how this is an attack on Sanders himself. Please explain.

It's pretty clearly a response to Sanders and the rhetoric of his army of followers. Don't play dumb.

Anyway, wonderful news! President Obama is the most effective liberal president in generations and anyone who suggests otherwise is incredibly naive, destructive, and counterproductive. Love seeing him fight back against these people hellbent on destroying the coalition that makes this party work, and makes liberal policy in this country possible.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »

Right before SC, Obqma slams Bernie. David Plouffe slammed Bernie also.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »

He is right. We don't need a Democratic TEA Party
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »

DINO
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »

Its easy to be ideologically pure when your job is to jerk off in the senate.  If your job is to actually govern, you don't have that luxury.

Let's not forget that Hillary was in the senate too.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »

So?  My point wasn't that all Senators are bad, just that congress fosters a sort of attitude that Sanders has embraced, but that Clinton has rejected.

My point was that Sanders' attitude is very easy to have in the Senate, a body infamous for its lack of productivity.  Once you're in the executive branch, that sort of attitude if very hard to maintain, as you're expected to actually govern.   
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 11:29:07 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2016, 12:01:02 PM by Shadows »

We have not had a progressive since Carter, successive Democrats have only moved right. Bill was a good president but was the best republican president ever.

Obama started left & moved centre n right. Everyone knows he betrayed the progressive cause. This guy got a Nobel and then authorized killing of millions including an un-necessary Libya War. And Obama-care although had done a good job in proving healthcare to millions, is also the best gift for the Drug & Insurance companies who are making billions.

Everyone knows Obama supports Clinton. And everyone knows this is anti-Washington, anti-establishment vote for Bernie.

Bernie does not need Obama. He can give any statement he wants, I don't see him endorsing as a sitting president.
HillOfANight
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 11:51:28 AM »

Damn, he should just endorse her.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »

So?  My point wasn't that all Senators are bad, just that congress fosters a sort of attitude that Sanders has embraced, but that Clinton has rejected.

My point was that Sanders' attitude is very easy to have in the Senate, a body infamous for its lack of productivity.  Once you're in the executive branch, that sort of attitude if very hard to maintain, as you're expected to actually govern.   

This is my problem. You can not have this attitude. Then you can never get stuff done - might as well get Rubio or Bush to win.

You need to start a revolution, make the Dems a 50 state party, Win Re-elections(Mid-terms). And if at all you can't do it, you need to start from a position of strength.

I negotiate with the opposing party, you don't compromise & go soft on the 1st try. I like what Bernie says, it may sound mad but his supporters have a mad passion. If the GOP does not vote, I will ask my supporters to do a peaceful demonstration of say 10,000 people ahead of his house asking him to work for the people.

That may not be the solution, but thing is you have to start strong & stay strong so that even a compromise is a positive reaction. You have this looser attitude of a GOP house, hey we have to compromise & you end up with nothing
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »

It's funny how compromise and reaching across the aisle for Obama has always meant things like no-strings bank bailouts, troop surges in Afghanistan, permanent extension of the Bush tax cuts, and cuts to social security.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies