NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:06:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYPD officers shot dead as "revenge" for Garner decision.  (Read 6648 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: December 20, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/robnelsonabc7/status/546472527527432192
https://twitter.com/robnelsonabc7/status/546473505240674304

Disgusting. Bratton's going on about the "anti-police movement" too. It's gonna be open season on blacks in New York the next few weeks.

I guess they'll be shooting a few extra blacks to show them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »

It's not the mayor's fault that some thug killed some cops after killing his girlfriend, and then mentioned Garner. I doubt that has anything to do with why he became a murderer.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

People on this forum need to get over their fetishes of "moderate" Republicans. Pataki is a perfect example of a "moderate" Republican, and it's clear that he's an epic HP.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/robnelsonabc7/status/546472527527432192
https://twitter.com/robnelsonabc7/status/546473505240674304

Disgusting. Bratton's going on about the "anti-police movement" too. It's gonna be open season on blacks in New York the next few weeks.

I guess they'll be shooting a few extra blacks to show them.

This grotesque caricature of police as some mindless killing machine is not helpful and an ugly counter to the one that racists perpetuate for young black men.

Obviously you didn't read their tweet. They just declared war.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 11:00:24 PM »

A simple question.

Why is it that the anti-police folks here were all over Ferguson, and New York, and regularly called out issues of police brutality but now we're not expected to discuss that the police do face great dangers in everyday life? That there are substantial amounts of minorities on the police force across America? And that they face risks and they make decisions everyday, that, imperfect as they are, tend to be on balance decisions that keep communities safe? We're going to pretend this is now a non-political issue?

We can all agree police officers are better off with better race relations, uniform cameras, and so on but I heard a lot of anti-"pigs" rhetoric here the last few weeks. I've heard comments about how America being a terrible nation, and all that. Now we've seen that rhetoric turn into forcible action. It's no better than the Right's demonizing minority communities as havens of crime, and so on. And it's equally tragic.

But we can't just pretend that Ferguson and Brooklyn (wherever it was) and so on are political issues but the murder of two cops isn't something that profoundly affects our society too, on the other side of the ledger.

Obviously murders are bad regardless of who is on which side of the thin blue line. But it's clear that some are making a huge deal of this to exploit for political purposes. 1 guy killed 4 Oakland cops a few years ago, and I don't think that was anywhere as big a story.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 11:40:15 PM by True Federalist »

Many of them feel the mayor has helped create an environment that makes their jobs more difficult and dangerous and that he didnt have their back, so they showed him theirs.  I dont think it is childish when you feel it is your own personal safety at play.

You do realize that many, if not most, of the Brown/Garner protestors acted as they did because they believed that it was their "personal safety at play"?  Why can't the police force have the basic human empathy to respect that perspective and not throw a fit at the slightest criticism?

As for this murderer, long may he rot in hell.  I'm inclined to agree with Beet and IceSpear on the first page that this was a cowardly, vainglorious act by someone who had already done the unspeakable and decided to hypocritically go out in a "blaze of glory" or whatever. My heart goes out to all three of his victims and their families.

NYPD wants you to forget that they weren't the first victims of this serial killer.

(Modified to remove reference to a deleted post - TF)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2014, 11:41:31 PM by True Federalist »

Many of them feel the mayor has helped create an environment that makes their jobs more difficult and dangerous and that he didnt have their back, so they showed him theirs.  I dont think it is childish when you feel it is your own personal safety at play.

You do realize that many, if not most, of the Brown/Garner protestors acted as they did because they believed that it was their "personal safety at play"?  Why can't the police force have the basic human empathy to respect that perspective and not throw a fit at the slightest criticism?

As for this murderer, long may he rot in hell.  I'm inclined to agree with Beet and IceSpear on the first page that this was a cowardly, vainglorious act by someone who had already done the unspeakable and decided to hypocritically go out in a "blaze of glory" or whatever. My heart goes out to all three of his victims and their families.

NYPD wants you to forget that they weren't the first victims of this serial killer.

Latest reports Ive seen is that the girlfriend was wounded and alive. Hope she recovers.

OK, I guess I didn't have the right facts, but anyways this wasn't some innocent guy who the protesters suddenly convinced to kill a couple of cops. This is a guy who decided to see if he could be known as a martyr rather than the common thug that he was.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »

Latest reports Ive seen is that the girlfriend was wounded and alive. Hope she recovers.

OK, I guess I didn't have the right facts, but anyways this wasn't some innocent guy who the protesters suddenly convinced to kill a couple of cops. This is a guy who decided to see if he could be known as a martyr rather than the common thug that he was.

Disturbed and violent people have a tendency to rally around and co-opt causes.  I think people with legitimate causes have to be cognizant of that. I dont care if it is pro life activists, globalization opponents or police protesters. Dehumanizing a group of people, whether it be a referral to pigs, monkeys kaffir, invariably leads to violence.

The police kind of dehumanize themselves when they're in SWAT gear.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:14:23 AM »

Apologies for the source, but considering the earlier hubbub last summer over professors exchanging anti-Israel e-mails, Brandeis may become the bete noir of the American Right:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/student-leader-no-sympathy-executed-nypd-officers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

OK, both sides have stupid tweets, but on the protester's side it's some random student leaders, while on the other side it's the NYPD union leader and George Pataki.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »

You guys are forgetting the most critical point: this would not have happened if their were good guys with guns to save these police officers.

Wow. Doesn't get more low class than that. This guy snuck up behind the officers.

Actually it's a pretty stark and unanswerable counter to the notion that more guns is the solution to gun violence.
How, exactly?

We'll because the officers had guns, but they're still dead.

More guns is always the answer. Like when 2 members of the Oakland SWAT team were killed entering the residence of someone who had killed 2 cops earlier in the day, the problem was clearly that the Oakland SWAT team didn't have enough guns.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 10:18:53 PM »

You guys are forgetting the most critical point: this would not have happened if their were good guys with guns to save these police officers.

Wow. Doesn't get more low class than that. This guy snuck up behind the officers.

Actually it's a pretty stark and unanswerable counter to the notion that more guns is the solution to gun violence.
How, exactly?

We'll because the officers had guns, but they're still dead.
That's because the guy walked up to the car window. There are tons (probably hundreds) of examples of people defending themselves with guns, but because one time they weren't able to it's "stark and unanswerable" proof that guns don't help people defend themselves)?

I know, the Oakland SWAT team must have been caught off guard when they were told to enter the residence of a cop killer. Who could have predicted that someone who had killed cops that day would kill cops that day?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »

Earlier this month, a NYPD cop was shot dead. But it was OK because the shooter was NYPD, too.

http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2014/12/white-cop-kills-off-duty-black-officer-during-chase/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies